What's new

I need a fast plugin!

supergamer

Banned
I'm searching for a very fast plugin. Wich is the fastest plugin to play goldeneye, super smash bros & perfect dark?

Cyberman

supergamer said:
I'm searching for a very fast plugin. Wich is the fastest plugin to play goldeneye, super smash bros & perfect dark?
Well .. there isn't much in terms of plugins one can use.. many of these plugins depend on the video card you have.. thus you get what you get. Depending on what your card is will depend on what kind of performance.

There aren't as many options for the N64 as there are for the playstation however you have the obvious ones.

Voodoo Glide 64
Nvidia TR64OGL JAbo's D3D 6 Daedalus
ATI's? Umm you get what you get, likely Jabo's will work OK since it's DX6 complient.

That's about it.. honest!

Cyb

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Smas bros. : glide64 + evoodoo (or just without the wrapper if you have a voodoo).
Perfect dark : 1964 + some plugin.
Goldeneye: 1964 + some plugin.

Don't know the plugins...but the emulator should run it faster (by that i mean without some issues that pj has).

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
No matter what plugin you use you're never going to get decent framerates with such a slow processor.

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
Sayargh said:
No matter what plugin you use you're never going to get decent framerates with such a slow processor.
SO TRUE!

Forget it pall...
maybe you should consider an upgrade?
Upgrading to an 1+ Ghz ain't cost that much anymore here in holland. You could ofcourse try 1964 with a X plugin but with my old 500mhz pc + voodoo2 it ran ok but not fast enough for me.