PDA

View Full Version : Sound in 1964 - makes me cry ya know....

adi
November 25th, 2001, 13:25
Congrats on the new release guys, its quite amazing how big the leaps in speed and compatibility have occured.
My question is about which sound plugin to use. Azimers v0.30 (old driver) is very compatible, but crackles a lot. His newest plugin doesn't crackle, but then again, it doesnt work with a lot of games (eg conkers bad fur day). Is there something wrong in my settings?

Any help would be appreciated:

Tesla-Guy
November 25th, 2001, 19:55
??? you forgot to say your sound card, my friend. This is the most important. Also, did u try it with Jabo's DirectSound plugin?

hotshitu
November 25th, 2001, 20:24
Originally posted by Tesla-Guy
??? you forgot to say your sound card, my friend. This is the most important.

Not really.

As for Jabo's sound - I doubt it actually works with PJ64.

schibo
November 25th, 2001, 20:50
hehe i'd hope Jabo's DirectSound works in PJ since it is part of PJ. :)

schibo

Tesla-Guy
November 25th, 2001, 21:08
Originally posted by hot****u

Not really.

As for Jabo's sound - I doubt it actually works with PJ64.

It does work and as for the soundcard i mean in this case and stop being lame:angry:

sk8bloke22
November 25th, 2001, 21:22
is jabos directsound compatible with 1964?

hotshitu
November 25th, 2001, 22:17
Who yer calling "lame"? Freudian slips are cool, "my friend".
1964 with Jabo's sound freezes, and for obvious reasons and no, soundcard means **** in this case.

Jfletcher
November 25th, 2001, 22:29
Actually, for some reason Jabo's beta sound plugin makes 1964 freeze up. That's the only sound plugin that freezes though. All others work fine....

hotshitu
November 25th, 2001, 22:50
Originally posted by Jfletcher
Actually, for some reason Jabo's beta sound plugin makes 1964 freeze up. That's the only sound plugin that freezes though. All others work fine....

Readme.txt or FAQ or something. Jabo's plugin is not like other plugins. :alien: It has red sticker on it that says LLE or something

sk8bloke22
November 25th, 2001, 23:00
does zilmars work. these are dumb questions, i should really test myself.

Jfletcher
November 25th, 2001, 23:11
Originally posted by hot****u

Readme.txt or FAQ or something. Jabo's plugin is not like other plugins. :alien: It has red sticker on it that says LLE or something

That's what I get for rushing...

abdulla
November 26th, 2001, 01:09
jabo's directsound never works for me in 1964, does it have something to do with how in pj64 you have select audio hle in the dsp options before it processes sound?

Azimer
November 26th, 2001, 15:32
schibo... fyi (if you didn't know already), Jabo's audio plugin doesn't contain his RSP Recompiler. hence... it doesn't produce Audio in any emulator which doesn't process its own RSP.

adi
November 26th, 2001, 16:16
UMMMMMMMMMMMM........... Nice to see everyones getting excited over my post, but my question still hasn't been answered, so could someone please help me. For Tesla-guys information, I'm using a Via Ac97 chipset. Its directx compatible so I don't think the issues stem from that.

schibo
November 26th, 2001, 16:27
theacj,

I prefer to use Azimer's 0.30 (old driver). On my 600, i'll get occasional breaks in audio but it depends on the game. Overall it's great. Azi's .13 is faster but doesn't have as many features, i.e.: .13 doesn't have MP3 support

sk8bloke22
November 26th, 2001, 16:37
theacj: theres nothing wrong. crackling is most probably worst if u hav a slow system, but really and truly, everything thats wrong with the audio plugins and this release has been discussed in this release.

just interested, wat games use mp3 audio?

Rice
November 26th, 2001, 16:50
Hey, sk8

I am just curious because I have got used to your old user name Robert. Is there a special meaning in your new name sk8bloke22?

Rice

adi
November 26th, 2001, 16:51
thanks schibo, and to sk8bloke, Conkers Bad Fur Day uses mp3 audio. The programmers wouldn't have been able to fit in all the speeches/music made by the ingame characters using normal methods.

sk8bloke22
November 26th, 2001, 17:09
not special significance. basically when i did the registration last May, i rushed it and by accident used my real name instead of my usual screen name sk8bloke22. no real significance to sk8bloke22. its just my hotmail username, i usally always use it for msg boards, like how ppl use the same passwords in every registration. ive been sk8ing for like 6 yrs, and pretty much devoted to it, so i always use sk8ing names.

not the most exciting story :sleepy: :sleepy:

Azimer
November 26th, 2001, 21:47
It is possible to make Audio super super fast. But at the cost of accurate emulation. But that is not your problem really. It comes from the lack of knowing what's REALLY going on with audio. That is why I decided to put off any work on any other emulation until Christmas. Please be patient. It took a while for all areas of emulation to perfect their audio. It's taking awhile for Jabo to perfect his graphics in all games. Just need to be patient for us to work out these things.

Tesla-Guy
November 27th, 2001, 15:10
Originally posted by sk8bloke22
just interested, wat games use mp3 audio?

Conker's Bad Fur Day AND Perfect Dark. I think there aren't any other games.

adi
November 27th, 2001, 16:25
It turns out my problem stemmed from the ini setting the CF too high. Everything works perfect now apart from Mario Kart which has been crackling from the start. To Azimer - take as long as you want making your new plugin, if it betters your already excellent existing one, I'll be a very happy guy.

Azimer
November 27th, 2001, 20:15
Good... I hope I can fix some of the crackling in the future... 90% of the crackling in games that do run at 57+ FPS is my fault. The other 10% is DirectSound/Emulation fault. On games that run < 57+ FPS (like 45 or less and not talking about PAL) is 10% my fault and 90% the fault of DirectSound/Emulation. Mario Kart's intro shouldn't crackle. Try this... disable Speed Limitation. You will find it reduces the crackling in those 57+ FPS roms tremendously! This is due to the fact that the audio varies from 57FPS - 62FPS when it's waiting for the next audio stream. :)