What's new

What happened to this save?

gamer64

Another Banjo-Tooie problem. The game froze again (I tried 1964 but it just showed the bottom of Spiral Mountain) so I had to shut down PJ64. When I load the game save,it says on game 1:

Time: 4:07:33
12 JIGGIES

However,when I play it,I have no jiggies,no notes and no open worlds! Its like I started over! That stinks.

th3l3fty

Please don't start the same thread twice. You should post in the other thread.
As for your problem, Banjo-Tooie has core issues with Project 64. I don't know if that affects saves.
It's also possible that some unknown glitch messed it up. That happened to me in Banjo-Kazooie, but in a different way.

HostileEagle

King of Krunch
gamer64... not sure about your save prob but here's a little something on your freeze issue (known issue).

"1964 0.8.5, Jabos 1.5, Schibos audio 1.2 and mupen rsp can get good speed with this config(set computer to 16bit for extra speed) seems the best config and emu to use for this game."
-courtesy Banjo-Tooie faq by 4real

I've finished Banjo-Tooie with the suggested config... not one crash random or otherwise.

*copy mupen64_rsp_hle.dll from Mupen's plugin folder to 1964's plugin folder and rename it rsp.dll. Launch 1964 and insure the 'Use RSP Plugin' option is enabled... there >> 'Plugins'/'Change Plugins'/

Happy gaming.

Last edited:
OP
G

gamer64

I have tried 1964 but I can't get anywhere with Banjo-Tooie. It just shows the lake at Spiral Mountain and it won't respond to any buttons (or keys) I press,and I was using PJ64's plugin with it. When I tried it with the default plugin,it shows a black screen with colors on the bottom.

HostileEagle

King of Krunch
Try again with the rsp.dll. It is key here.

If you would like to enjoy Tooie, crash free... refer again to my above post.