• Was pretty good 6/10-8/10

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • Below average 3/10-5/10

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Sucked, i want a refund 1/10-2/10

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters

aprentice

I had zelda wind waker for about a week, but today is the first time i've actually sat down and played it and was pretty surprised. Although it is a bit cartoonish, the colors were used pretty well and surprisingly it held my attention for 3 hours, first time in awhile that a game held my attention that long. I'd rate this game a 8 out of 10 since it was pretty good although some parts were tedious. What do you think?

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Although i would have prefered more realistic graphics, it's fun to see link's expressions for a while, also the details like grass are very very good. There are some good parts, like that challenge to hit orca several times, that are worth the try.

The most sad part is that i got to see the end pretty soon (my lil bro finished it in less that a week, not playing that much). I remember OoT being quite longer, and MM, well... as short as this one.

Remote

Since we all have been waiting for it for a couple of years, why not enjoy it? I know I did. :D

Macca

it was a great game, i played and finished the JAP one so i havent touched the english one yet.

2fast4u

played and finished the usa version and i dont regret importing it :D imo the graphics style is slick, my little problem is that its a tiny bit too easy at times.

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
it's post like this that make me wish it won't be released before at least 3 years.....

Anyway, to come back to the topic, the game is great, don't be fooled by the gfx. Choosing a totally different gfx for Link allowed developper to add a lot of innovative ideas. I read somewhere that nintendo wants to develop another zelda for the gamecube with a more "adult" gfx style, let's hope Link won't have a moustache this time ! :p

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Below average. Indeed, the game was fun playing, yet it has the same flaws and other at that that the old games such as oot had. The game is entirely too short and like the first time you might not wish to do all sidequests.

Apart from that, the celshading was annoying but you learned to live with it. The emotions was and animations was quite nice, though. The game has some "childish" touches, though, such as a talking bout, the explosion when enemies dies, silly enemies...

And what annoyed me most was the bad L-targeting system. It appears nintendo did not work with this at all. They made the game a little harder by making all enemies attack whether or not you had l-targeting (in oot, the other enemies waited until you z-targeted them), yet you couln't see them all due to the targeting system...shame nintendo, you could have had put a little more time on this.

As a last note, MANY, and I mean _many_ things were stolen mostly from oot and some from mm. And the last boss (yes, the very last phrase) was plainly easy. But I won't spoil anymore.

Below average, to say. The game did hook me up, but not as much as games such as metroid prime.

blizz

it's average but that makes it a horses for courses, it doesn't make it a must play,

It's main problem is it doesn't expand upon any of the previous ideas that were shown in TOOT or MM, which is why it is such a let down IMO

Clements

It's great, but is far too short. Nowhere near enough dungeons (even less than Majora's Mask), so it took me a couple of weeks to complete, and is also nowhere near the level of Ocarina of Time which I played for months. I still thought it was enjoyable especially with the command dungeons although there was only two proper ones in the whole game.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Doomulation said:
Below average. Indeed, the game was fun playing, yet it has the same flaws and other at that that the old games such as oot had. The game is entirely too short and like the first time you might not wish to do all sidequests.

The first time I did wish to do all sidequests.

I did *everything* in Majora's Mask and nearly everything in OoT.

Apart from that, the celshading was annoying but you learned to live with it. The emotions was and animations was quite nice, though. The game has some "childish" touches, though, such as a talking bout, the explosion when enemies dies, silly enemies...

Oh, poor you... do you need a tissue? Guess you just don't like cel-shading period, because I think the game looks absolutely fantastic.

And what annoyed me most was the bad L-targeting system. It appears nintendo did not work with this at all. They made the game a little harder by making all enemies attack whether or not you had l-targeting (in oot, the other enemies waited until you z-targeted them), yet you couln't see them all due to the targeting system...shame nintendo, you could have had put a little more time on this.

You didn't play OoT, Majora's Mask, OR TWW.

In the N64 games, enemies most definitely did attack you even when you weren't targeting them. Do you realise how easy it would make the game if enemies ignored you until you targetted them?

I think you're thinking of Star Fox Adventures which had really retarded combat.

Oh, and TWW definitely has improvements - i.e. the fact that you actually have control over the camera. The N64 games only had the target-lock which centered the camera behind Link.

As a last note, MANY, and I mean _many_ things were stolen mostly from oot and some from mm. And the last boss (yes, the very last phrase) was plainly easy. But I won't spoil anymore.

Stolen? Dumbass statement of the year, folks... it's called a SEQUEL BY THE SAME BLOODY COMPANY.

And OoT and MM also had easy last bosses, big deal. Hard last bosses are hard to come by these days, it's nice when they show up, but isn't something I expect anymore.

Doomulation

Tagrineth said:
The first time I did wish to do all sidequests.

I did *everything* in Majora's Mask and nearly everything in OoT.
Great for you.

Oh, poor you... do you need a tissue? Guess you just don't like cel-shading period, because I think the game looks absolutely fantastic.
Looks childish, and I'm not sure many would agree. But the effects of it, like the emotions and the animations - were great.

You didn't play OoT, Majora's Mask, OR TWW.
I did.

In the N64 games, enemies most definitely did attack you even when you weren't targeting them. Do you realise how easy it would make the game if enemies ignored you until you targetted them?

I think you're thinking of Star Fox Adventures which had really retarded combat.

Oh, and TWW definitely has improvements - i.e. the fact that you actually have control over the camera. The N64 games only had the target-lock which centered the camera behind Link.
Not in oot. I can remember just how clearly in the forest temple...you target one of the wolfos and the other just friggin' ignores you. Until the target is lost. And I haven't even played Star Fox.

A good improvement with the camera control, yes, but still...

Stolen? Dumbass statement of the year, folks... it's called a SEQUEL BY THE SAME BLOODY COMPANY.
Stolen indeed. S-T-O-L-E-N. Must I spell it out for you? The tunes from oot was reused without being tampered with...the deku tree is back. Jabu-jabu is back. And still so much, much more...they were simply too lazy to find new things.

And OoT and MM also had easy last bosses, big deal. Hard last bosses are hard to come by these days, it's nice when they show up, but isn't something I expect anymore.
True. I'm still dissapointed, though. But I guess it can't be helped.

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
I thought it was pretty good, just too damned easy. Not once did I feel like I was going to die. I think I had to use one fairy and that was in the Deep Dungeon or whatever it's called on Outset.

2fast4u

Doomulation said:
Stolen indeed. S-T-O-L-E-N. Must I spell it out for you? The tunes from oot was reused without being tampered with...the deku tree is back. Jabu-jabu is back. And still so much, much more...they were simply too lazy to find new things.

technically its not stolen because nintendo cant steal from itself .. its copied. and we saw the same characters and enemies in all zelda games all over again. big deal? i dont think so.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Doomulation said:
Apart from that, the celshading was annoying but you learned to live with it.
Doomulation said:
I've no problems with such gfx, but some do.

This is a contradiction. Therefore, x does not equal y.

oh and about the stolen idea from self thing...OMG CHOCOBO IN ALL 11 FINAL FANTASIES (and its many spinoffs), SQUARESOFT HAS THE THEIF-HAX TOOO!!1one

Doomulation

Maybe it isn't "stolen," but I may express it so. And it does get quite annoying when much of it is "copied," instead of made anew. I never really liked mm either...much was "copied" there too.

They're just lazy.
I also find a diffrence between "stealing" and "borrowing." Some classic things like chocobo returning is alright. Things like the master sword yet again returning is ok.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Doomulation said:
Not in oot. I can remember just how clearly in the forest temple...you target one of the wolfos and the other just friggin' ignores you. Until the target is lost. And I haven't even played Star Fox.

A good improvement with the camera control, yes, but still...

Well I know that I've been mauled by Stalfos Knights while targetting a different one.

Maybe certain enemies' AI is set so they wait to fight you one-on-one?

Anyway, TWW's combat is so easy, it doesn't really matter to me anyway. =) Especially with the dodge/counter moves...

Doomulation

Tagrineth said:
Well I know that I've been mauled by Stalfos Knights while targetting a different one.

I've never been, though...never have enemies attacked me while z-targeting another.....

Anyway, TWW's combat is so easy, it doesn't really matter to me anyway. =) Especially with the dodge/counter moves...
Err yeah, but when you get attacked by a horde of enemies, even bats, it's getting a little more difficult if you wish to try it and not get hurt. Of course, if it's bats, I just make a go for it :p

Hyper19s

Banned
Tagrineth said:

Yes i espeicialy like battle part of the game.
especialy savage labyrinth and shark island.

Sidenote

ilke all the emotions and special effects but they could
made it a little less cartoony, really with the characters
not the worlds or places

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
I wrote a review about this game, on GameFAQs, if anyone is interested. It's quite long, and doesn't speak highly of the game. I will not repeat my very long opinion here.