What's new

Virtual Jaguar New Screenies

tbag

http://koyote.emu-france.com/jaguar/

Even more new screenies
current news is

"Added early dsp emulation and fixed other bugs"

No offence but i think this Jaguar emu is gonna be better then Project Tempest as it allready has higher compatibility and is un-released :D

mesman00

What's that...?
never heard of the infamous jaguar. i remeber when it came out i wanted one so bad. looking back on it, im glad i never purchased one. the system crashed and burned!

blizz

I remember thinking, "Wow cool name." (ah I was young then) then I played it and thought, "Damm that was bad."

OP
tbag

tbag

Lets just say it wasnt the greatest thing Atari pulled off and as for 64 bit its more like a really low quality 64 bit if that to me the Snes had better graphics even in 3d rendered games but then again Snes always had the upper hand ;)

Jaz

Ex-Mod
blizz said:
I remember thinking, "Wow cool name." (ah I was young then) then I played it and thought, "Damm that was bad."

I remember thinking "Brutal Sports Football?! HOW FUCKING COOL!".. ;)

decription

Jaguar seems to be more popular now thann when it was released due to the emulation. Jaguar was a cart based system with a CD drive released later. It was a little to far ahead of its time. System-Linking, Polygons, etc. However it sold horribly and was Atari's last system. To make a long story short the tags, names, games etc. went through many hands and eventually became public domain making roms of this system actually LEGAL. Not the 24hour BS "legal" romsites refer to but actually non against the lawa to own.

Cyberman

tbag said:
Lets just say it wasnt the greatest thing Atari pulled off and as for 64 bit its more like a really low quality 64 bit if that to me the Snes had better graphics even in 3d rendered games but then again Snes always had the upper hand ;)
It wasn't 64 bit.. that was the first thing, it was a 'salesman' thing to say that. It actually had a 68000 in it. Something that Atari knew a lot about. The 64 bit I think came from the reprogramable GPU which had a 64 bit bus into the frame buffer or something like that. It was a badly thought up and the design of the game system was rather sad if you ask me. Atari died because.. well you don't wanna no it wasn't just sad it was pathetic.. human nature killed it :)

Cyb
An Atari ExecWe make computers now we do not make GAMES ANYMORE!

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
i cant stand anything made by atari.
.....and i think atari enthusiasts' are a bunch of old people that dont know what real games are.
but thats just my asshole opinion.

OP
tbag

tbag

What about all these new Atari games though?

(But wait didnt Atari merge with Wizard or something to make these games?)

sk8bloke22

roll for life
recently i say the jaguar going for £15 in electonics boutique (or Game as its now called). very tempting cos the box looks good, but i think i spent the money on something more useful like a paper weight (although that could be considered a use for the jaguar). had a very good controller (LOL LOL LOL) like 20 buttons and was shaped as a rectangle, i dont think the designers had heard of ergonomics (spelling?). although i think u could also get atari lynx's for the same price, and they were pretty decent in my opinion. i used to have a lynx 2 and they were well cool, u could like play it upside down if u were left handed. also some games were pretty good like chequered flag, blue lightening, erm, did i say chequered flag?