What's new

Transformers 2

Allnatural

I confess, I liked it. Perhaps because my expectations were very very low (20% at RottenTomatoes), or perhaps because I just wanted an action spectacle to assault my senses for 2+ hours.

All the more unfortunate that it assaulted my sensibilities in nearly equal measure (Sam's parents, robot testicles, Skids and Mudflap). I can't believe that Bay and the writers found any of that funny, no matter how drunk they were at the time. Can't wait for the blu so I can skip past the crap and get right to the good stuff.

revl8er

That Damn Good
It was a halfway decent movie, but you can't really expect much from a movie based off Transformers. I enjoyed it for what it was, but I wouldn't consider it a great movie.

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Better then the first but I was bothered by some inconsistencies from the first movie and what I know of Transformers to begin with. I keep comparing it to the original cartoon that I grew up on though. Kinda makes this a bit like reading a book and then going to see the movie I guess. Some stuff makes sense while other items tick me off at how it's done.

The little Decepticon that Fox captures added some 'slight' humor.

I did enjoy Jetscreams character.

Megan Fox is completely hot bar none.

I still dislike all of the transformations themselves and how sloppy most if not all of the Transformers appear when in robot form. I think the problem is they have tried to make them look like some sort of 'living metal'? I don't know I am just bothered by it as a whole. Maybe they did this to save funding on how the CG was performed or for artsy effect?

OP
Allnatural

Allnatural

I still dislike all of the transformations themselves and how sloppy most if not all of the Transformers appear when in robot form. I think the problem is they have tried to make them look like some sort of 'living metal'? I don't know I am just bothered by it as a whole. Maybe they did this to save funding on how the CG was performed or for artsy effect?
If anything, it probably made it more expensive. It was Bay's idea to make their forms more complex, and I think it was the right choice. I remember seeing an animation test somewhere (the blu-ray extras, maybe...) that showed a Prime more like his cartoon counterpart. It just didn't look "right'" imo.

To each his own I guess. One of my favorite parts of the movies are the close-up shots of the transformations.