What's new

The "Zelda Online" project needs help from the emulation community

Status
Not open for further replies.

jahra!n

Hi everyone, my names jahrain and for a while now i been working on a project called Zelda Online: Ocarina of Time, basically its a recreation of the n64 version of zelda for the pc and its made for online multiplayer action, the game play is gonna b emulated to the best of the engine's capasity, but its still under heavy work, anyways this project will contain many many diferent levels from zelda optimized to b player with other poeple over the internet, with deathmatch, or team play options in a veriety of different gametypes. it uses the halo pc engine so it requires a copy of halo for the pc and the ce downloadable expansion to play it. Im looking for help in getting things like textures and sounds from the n64 rom to make the project appear as close to the original as possible. i tried several different texture viewes and sound bank extractors but most never worked and stuff was all garbled and distorted... i was wondering if anyone here knew of any easy to use (ui support) sound and texture extractors, so far the only way i been able to gather textures was from screen printing them while looking at the textures. and to gather sounds i would use windows sound recorder... they quality was so good so im looking to see how to grab the info straight off the rom... if anyone here could help out with that, it would extremely appreciated.

il post this in several diferent threads incase someone misses out on it

EDIT: sorry i forgot to post a link to where u can see accual ingame video footage.
http://www.halomaps.org/index.cfm?pg=3&fid=1059
if anyone is interested in what this project looks like heres some screen shots of whats been done so far in the project. please note that anything still remaining from halo will b removed completly by the time this project is released.

kakariko27jc.jpg

kakariko32tv.jpg

kakariko45ta.jpg

zeldahudpic7kw.jpg

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
Honestly, this looks friggen cool.

Maybe you should take a look at the high-res texture portion of the forum (its under Emulators -> 1964 -> High resolution textures projects) and get in contact with the makers of the new textures. This way you'd be able to avoid copyright problems from Nintendo _AND_ you'd get better looking textures :)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
jahra!n said:
it uses the halo pc engine so it requires a copy of halo for the pc and the ce downloadable expansion to play it.
It sounds cool aside from this. I have neither the game nor the expansion and is not intending to get anything of the sort.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
This is in the wrong forum, this should be somewhere like "Talk of the town" or "Gaming", looks cool though, and doom... nobody cares if you don't have Halo. ;)

OP
J

jahra!n

well i could get sriously sued big time from nintendo if i did release it as a stand alone, be happy i was originaly gonna do this for unreal tournament 2004 which costs $40 - $50 at the store, halo is only about $15, and the expansion is free, infacy u can download the expansion and use it by its self for free but u need a halo pc cd key.

Amon_Knives

Film Student
HOLY CRAP!!!!! I'm speechless. From my part of the zelda retexture community, if there is any way I can help, please, let me know.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
This is in the wrong forum, this should be somewhere like "Talk of the town" or "Gaming", looks cool though, and doom... nobody cares if you don't have Halo. ;)
Whatever...

jahra!n said:
well i could get sriously sued big time from nintendo if i did release it as a stand alone, be happy i was originaly gonna do this for unreal tournament 2004 which costs $40 - $50 at the store, halo is only about $15, and the expansion is free, infacy u can download the expansion and use it by its self for free but u need a halo pc cd key.
I don't see why you'd get sued in any case. Care to fill me in? I'm clueless.

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
wow dude, you got your work cut out for you... are you gonna make it like one single realm where you can run around and meet people to battle or is it gonna be only challenges?

Redah

Go Sweden! Not!
Administrator
I have the sound files for you... let me know what you need or PM me for IM details.

Status
Not open for further replies.