What's new

The nSX2 team's needs...

jmszczap82

Hi,
I have a question for whoever might know the answer:
What, specifically, does the nSX2 team need the most help with at this time?
I'm curious as to what, technically, are some of the biggest hurdles that still need to be conquered.
For instance, I noticed that nSX2 and another PS2 emulator both seem to have trouble getting any further than the loading screens in most games.
What's causing this problem? Is it some sort of difficulty with DVD checking, protection, memory card handling, encryption/decryption, etc.?
I'd like to contribute in *ANY* way possible. However, nSX2's page doesn't seem to describe which things are needed. That is, not in the great technical detail that I'd like to know about, from a programmer's point of view.
By the way, I *DO NOT* want to sound like another eager gamer whining about why the emulator's progress is taking so long. I understand that the original Playstation was trouble enough, let alone the PS2, which I know is *FAR MORE* of a "beast" to emulate.
That being said, kudos to the nSX2 team for the progress they've made so far :)
- JS

OP
J

jmszczap82

Hi again,
Thanks much :) That was exactly what I was looking for. I'll review it when I get some caffeine in my system ;)
I'll also check out EFnet, but mIRC seems to have major problems connection to just about anything, so I might be outta luck there :(
Anyway, thanks again...
- JS