What's new

The New James Bond 007 Actor

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
Hmmm... well, with soem sort of makeover, he could look the part. I, for one, am into the James Bond movies. It'll be interesting to see how this guy turns out. Though I've never seen the movie in which that yahoo article talks about, so I've never heard him talk, so I can't immagine him saying "Bond... James Bond". Hmmm... guess I'll have to wait a year or so to see. :)
- Modem

smegforbrain

Bana was in Troy, Hulk (as Banner), and some other stuff in the past couple of years.

He's becoming rather well known in a hurry.

I like the guy alot, but I don't think he has the look for Bond.

OP
X

xamenus

The article said that Ewan McGregor competed for the role. He doesn't look like a James Bond to me, Bana might be better. But then again, I've never heard of Bana before, so we'll see how it goes. :)

Clements

Must admit, never heard of the guy, but then back when Goldeneye was released I'd hardly heard of Pierce Brosnan either.

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
Weird thing, but when that show as on (with Pierce Brosnan), my father thought he'd make a great bond. Don't think he picked this current one, though. :p
- Modem

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Meh, that sucks, I hoped that Hugh Jackman would get the role, he looks much more like Bond than Bana.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
I don't know, I have this mental image of Bond, and it somewhat looks like a cross between Sean Connery and Pierce Brosnan, and Bana sure as hell doesn't look like that.

OP
X

xamenus

DuDe said:
I don't know, I have this mental image of Bond, and it somewhat looks like a cross between Sean Connery and Pierce Brosnan, and Bana sure as hell doesn't look like that.
Remember, though, that five men have already played as Bond. So if you think Bana doesn't fit, look at these photos: http://www.universalexports.net/00Actors.shtml It looks like Roger Moore wouldn't fit, but he did a great job as 007. :)

sheik124

Emutalk Member
DuDe said:
could never have said beter myself

MasterPhW_DX said:
I vote for a women as James Bond!
YEAH!

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
Last I heard they main choices for the next Bond were Ewan McGregor, Matthew Broderick, and this Eric Bana fellow. I don't think McGregor is masculine enough, Broderick just doesn't have the screen pressence, and I had never heard of Bana so I didn't say much about him. I just wish Pierce was a little younger, he's one of my most favorite Bond's of all time.

My preference of Bond's is as follows:

Connery->Brosnan->Lazenby->Dalton----->Moore

I have to applaud Dalton for the immense preperations he made for the role of Bond but Connery and Brosnan are still my top two, I really didn't care for Moore, he made 007 too campy.

smegforbrain

Modem said:
Weird thing, but when that show as on (with Pierce Brosnan), my father thought he'd make a great bond.

What's odd about that is the fact that Brosnan was supposed to take over the role of Bond in the mid-80's, but couldn't due to Remington Steele. :)

Which is why the role went to Dalton.

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
smegforbrain said:
What's odd about that is the fact that Brosnan was supposed to take over the role of Bond in the mid-80's, but couldn't due to Remington Steele. :)

Which is why the role went to Dalton.

Indeed. Brosnan later admitted that he wasn't mentally prepared for the role of Bond at that time anyway and was very happy that he waited until he did for it.