What's new

Text color prob in profile [Dark Theme]

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
This problem has been around for a long time, using the Dark Emutalk theme, in the profile some of the text is the same color as its background, so you end up with this... [Attached screenie]

Please fix it :p

I know this isn't a firefox problem because I've used IE before and never saw the text until I highlighted it.

Knuckles

The dark theme was created before those things were added/modified, and the theme wasn't modified yet after. I think Martin already know about it. I've got used to it, even, if it would be nice to get someone to fix those.

OP
ScottJC

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Yes but now even the post editor's have changed, among other things, and it looks quite horrible... it looked better before... to be honest if its going to be this bad you might as well put it back... i'd rather have a malfunctioning dark theme than a bad looking one (no offence) :p

Pity you can't just make the text I was on about black.

Martin

Administrator
Mardy bastard, I'll fix it then. :p

EDIT: There, only the backgrounds changed.

OP
ScottJC

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I only really wanted the text I was pointing to in the pic changed, nothing else... everything else was fine :p

Plus the other text is kinda hard to read with the blue background instead of the white one.

Disregard my complaint, just put the background back and i'm happy with not being able to see that text. Simply because it more looked nicer before with the white background.

Last edited:
OP
ScottJC

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Have now, the fix effects more than just the profile, so it pretty much destroys my favourite theme. this quick reply thing was pretty rubbish looking... now that its back to normal it looks much nicer.

Knuckles

just put back the color as in your first fix, it was looking nice (was already used to it) , it's just now back with the problem....

ScottJC : just get used to it :p

OP
ScottJC

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
are you kidding? it made the text in the profile hard to read, it made the advanced editor look crap [text was harder to read on additional options], it made the quick reply look crap... it did more harm than good.

we always highlight the text anyway, so its no big deal, it looks far better as it does now. How often are we going to look at profiles anyway.

The colors as they are now are easier on the eyes.

Last edited:

Knuckles

Adjust your monitor colors, it was perfect here, had no problem to read anything.... :plain:

OP
ScottJC

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
it still looks better as it does now, anyway. (going to delete this thread in a few hours).

Martin

Administrator
Can't change the links color, only change the backgrounds like this. This looks much better than before IMO.