What's new

speed issues on a pc that most likely shouldnt have them?

Belgarion

ok, first up im pretty noobish when it comes to emulating/emulators, but with my pc im pretty sure that Dolphin should run most games at a good frame rate, yet i cannot get games such as SSX tricky, X-Men Legends or even Paper Mario to run smoothly, what am i doing wrong?

PC Specs - Windows 8.1 (64 bit)
AMD FX - 8350 Eight Core Processor 4.02GHz
16 gig of DDR3 Ram
Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 4GB GDDR5

mendus

Are you using the latest development version? If not, get it as it has many performance improvements (there was a bug affecting some nVidia cards in 4.0.2). If so, check just in case that youre not using the Interpreter CPU Engine, I think I read in their forums that they messed it up and set it as default in some revisions.

If you ask in their forum, you'll get experts assistance pretty fast, here it may take some time.

V1del

You have an AMD processor, an FX at that. AMD have been historically bad at good instructions per cycle which are absolutely essential to dolphin, yours is barely on par with a i7 3620m mobile cpu at 3.2 clock (see The Dolphin Benchmark for reference) which is enough for some light games (SSBM/B e.g.) but will struggle in more demanding titles (don't have any knowledge of how demanding the games you wanna play are though, sorry)

As has been mentioned, try to use the development version, and look into an overclock if possible