What's new

Rice 5.4.3 & nVidia FW 56.64

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Really good news.........
with this new driver realease i got 40Vi/s in goldeneye 007 (CF=1).....
with previous versions i got only 12Vi/s

GFFX5600 / P4 1.6A

knowitman

Nighty0 said:
Really good news.........
with this new driver realease i got 40Vi/s in goldeneye 007 (CF=1).....
with previous versions i got only 12Vi/s

GFFX5600 / P4 1.6A

I have an Athlon XP 3000+ and a GFFX5200.
I get around 59 Vi/s on CF=1

OP
Nighty0

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
knowitman said:
I have an Athlon XP 3000+ and a GFFX5200.
I get around 59 Vi/s on CF=1

you got this results because emulation is processor dependant......
the gfx plugin from rice also uses soft clip and soft t&l, that uses more processor than gfx....... at least the speed is smooth now.....

Rice

Emulator Developer
As mentioned in another thread, it is very nice to see that TNT combiner support is back by the new driver. This is a good news for TNT/TNT2/Geforce2 owners, the DX TNT combiner can be used now instead of 2-stage combiner.

I wonder if the TNT combiner works on Geforce 4 MX. It will be very nice if the answer is yes.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Rice, the TNT combinger works on my GeForce4 MX. I'll post a shot later. I noticed your plugin looks much nicer on any combiner with the new drivers. :)

edit: here's a shot.

Last edited:

liteuser

I'll be Back!
Hi

Just tested 56.64 FW in DX mode with your Rice video 5.4.3 plugin . Works good with my Geforce 4 440 MX . Graphics look better so im sticking with these new drivers . Thanks guys

knowitman

I like the new drivers also. I have a GeForce FX5200. They speed things up a little bit and improve quality. Does anyone know the best kind of combiner type for my card?

Clements

knowitman said:
I like the new drivers also. I have a GeForce FX5200. They speed things up a little bit and improve quality. Does anyone know the best kind of combiner type for my card?

Pixel Shader or the Default OpenGL combiner.

Pokemoner

aka Saiko..
Rice said:
As mentioned in another thread, it is very nice to see that TNT combiner support is back by the new driver. This is a good news for TNT/TNT2/Geforce2 owners, the DX TNT combiner can be used now instead of 2-stage combiner.

I wonder if the TNT combiner works on Geforce 4 MX. It will be very nice if the answer is yes.
It works good but some issues..Its the same sky problem with zelda..Look at the shot: