What's new

Resident Evil 2

CanSee

Depressive freak
Anyone tried to run Resident Evil 2 ?
If so, PLS tell me every result you had, with every emulator, it´s really important, since it´s the only RE2 version my eyes can take...

:)

CoDeX

Emutalk Member
Resident2.JPG

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Use 1964. Get the unofficial daedalus plugin posted at the board /(use the search function). Copy the new rsp contained there to your 1964 directory and overwrite if necessary.

In the emulator, configure the rsp and make sure that the options for not showing rsp errors is selected! Otherwise you'll get a lot of errors.

That's it. It won't play the best, but it's the best you can get it to run.

killthegene

One Kool dude
i cant seem to run res evil under 1954 either. ive got that rsp plugin and im using azimers 0.4 beta2 and jabos d3d6 1.5 but to no avail

CoDeX

Emutalk Member
for Re2 i use

1964 0.85 Emu
Jabo Direct3D 6 1.5
Azimer´s Audio v0.30 (Old Driver)
N-Rage's Direct-input8 V2 1.82a
RSP Plugin

DirectX 8.1b or DirectX 9.0 Final

:phone:
:daedalus: :nemu: :linux: :1964: :apollo: :baaa: :emutalk: :homestar:

DeadRabbit

Emutalk Janitor
killthegene said:
i cant seem to run res evil under 1954 either. ive got that rsp plugin and im using azimers 0.4 beta2 and jabos d3d6 1.5 but to no avail

That might be because the emulator you're using there is 10 years behind the official one j/k :happy:

OP
CanSee

CanSee

Depressive freak
TNX for the great replies. I´m expecting the game to be downloaded soon (my poor 28.8 K), then I´ll check it and compare with the original.

BTW, CoDeX:

You seem to have a similar system to mine, the question is:

How do you menage to play emulated games anyway ?

I can reach a good framerate without sound, but in larger rendered areas it slows down a quite, and games using expansion pack are worse (Majora´s Mask runs 10 fps on average). Sound skips and slows the game down for another 10 frames at least, so how in hell do you hear sound with such a low-end CPU ???

And don´t tell me: "check if your drivers are up to date" ! :p

:: CanSee ::

OP
CanSee

CanSee

Depressive freak
It´s me again :)

I ran Resident Evil 2 and had the following results:

1.) 1964; Glide64 v0.3; Auzimer´s Audio v0.30 (Old Driver):
It failed to detect uCode :( Hopefully will be fixed in later versions.

2.) 1964; Jabo´s D3D6 1.5; Auzimer´s Audio v0.30 (Old Driver):
It ran the game (YIPPIE!) after it showed some errors, which were easy to bypass, so it´s no prob (although I checked in the RSP to bypass errors, strange...), but with issues: no MPEG playback (black screen instead of intro). Some menus had messed up text. In game graphics had this low res sprites, which may also be due to the fact that Voodoo cards usually have some lower image quality than newer boards. Polygons used to flicker occasionally and dissappeared during scene switching. However, all those graphics issues may be due to the fact that Voodoo boards usually have issues on Jabo´s D3D6/7 1.X, since it´s optimized for GeForce/ATI Radeon-like Direct3D cards. I had no sound at all, although the plugin was activated, but due to my low CPU, I did not really have the goal to emulate sound. However, when chosing no sound plugin, the game loaded, but all I saw was a black screen.

Jabo´s D3D7 1.4 plugin failed to load the game at all...

3.) 1964; Unofficial DaedalusD3D8 0.08 Rel.2; Auzimer´s Audio v0.30 (Old Driver):
It ran the game, but all I could see was a black screen, even after trying to press several buttons...

I did not fancy to try out Project64, since it´s running very slow on my PC and is said to have major issues with RE2. Other emus don´t support it as far as I know.
Funny is, that with all the issues it still looks better than this pathetic PC conversion, shame on CAPCOM :p