What's new

Problems with Ocarina of time's textures.

GodKefka

When I'm playing the rom, the game can't download the fire textures ( from torches etc ) also, there are many others textures missing, like the ones from triforce ( my triforce appears black, in place of gold ) and the ones from the spiritual stones, or shop items ...

can someone help me? I've already tried a lot of random configurations in "graphics plugins" and "settings" but I was unsuccessful .

OP
G

GodKefka

rice video 6.1.1 beta 10, NVIDIA GEFORCE4 MX 4000 (MICROSOFT CORPORATION) and I'm using the djipi's final cel zelda MOD .

Clements

That is most likely due to your graphics card and drivers. Use older drivers for that card, such as 4x.xx, and also using a different combiner with Rice's Video may also help.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Yes, as Clements has indicated, use Detonator 40 as these were the last set to Emulate Pixel Shaders on fixed function graphics cards.

OP
G

GodKefka

I get the "Detonator 40" and now I can't even play the game, when I run the rom, I get the following messages:

-can not initialize dx8, check your direct setting

-generic application error. Enable to debug output for detailed information. This program will now exit.

-Error to start video.

-Run time error!

-Program:…ser\ Desktop\ Project 64 1.6\ Project 64 1.6\ Project 64.exe

-This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application’s support team for more information.

Like this was not enough, My computer got a inferior resolution and the desktop don't supports more than 7 icons per column.

OP
G

GodKefka

Well... I used safe mode and the emulator keeps saying this :

-Cannot open a rom because plugins have not successfully initialized.

nonetheless, I’ve put “no sound” and when I ran the rom, I got anything but this:

-No hardware accelerated direct3d device were found.

-Switching to the reference rasterizer, a software device that implements the entire direct3d feature set, but runs very slowly .

Really… this don’t make any sense, I checked my entire PJ64 files and everything seems to be okay, Plus, I downloaded: 162.67_quadro_winxp2k_english_beta, but it was useless :

-The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware setup will now exit.

Sorry about my bad English.

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Trying to run Project64 in Safe Mode is like trying to go 200 mph in a Toyota Prias. Try to install the 4x.xx drivers in Safe Mode, then reboot into normal mode and see if it works. If it doesn't, definitely rollback.

OP
G

GodKefka

So... I get the right drivers, but I'm still in trouble with combiners, which is the best combination ?