What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Possible Mario kart 64 Jabo community project?

beansta

I was just wondering if there would be any interest for a mario Kart 64 texture pack for the jabo plugin. i have been working on one for about a year or so (roughly 2/3 using various textures borrowed from other projects so mainly they're the ones you'll need to thank not me, i've just been porting them over to the jabo format

if there isnt then i could just always keep it as a personal thing (which i currently do anyway). it currently weighs in at about 84mb and ~1400 textures have been replaced but id like to share it with other people and let them add stuff to it.

just a few things:

- These were taken at 640x480 on a crummy laptop, they look much better on a decent computer at 1920x1080 with AA on max

- No matter how much i try i cant seem to dump the textures that correspond to the text (that's why i haven't changed the position text yet)

- the shells are an early WIP for me to see how Mario kart does the animation...turns out they only render half and then just reverse the images :/, the blue one doesn't even have an alpha layer yet

Attachments

• mk641.png
    mk641.png
    500.7 KB · Views: 444
  • mk642.png
    mk642.png
    507.1 KB · Views: 391
  • mk643.png
    mk643.png
    207.2 KB · Views: 1,775
  • mk644.png
    mk644.png
    192 KB · Views: 616
  • mk645.png
    mk645.png
    337.1 KB · Views: 3,928
Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Where did you get these labels from?
I have been looking for some good looking replacement text for the levels.

I would like to see some movement with the Jabo plugin however mixed
texture are generally frowned upon unless permissions have been granted.

This forum cannot approve hack packs without authorization from each texture artiest.
I do expect at least credit to be given to @ambar @Kerber2k @Gecko Lee and to any other author whose textures were stolen for this pack.

Last edited:
F

Fanatic 64

The problem with Jabo texture packs is that they are permanently tied to Jabo's Direct3D 8 1.7.0.57 plugin, since Jabo's texture hash algorithm is a secret.

The "author" should probably also watch this.

Gecko Lee

I cannot find any of my textures in those screens, but thank you for your effort, NES_player4LIFE! :D
Try reducing contrast in some of your textures. Small dark parts result in Moiré patterns, something I'm having problems with, too.

The problem with Jabo texture packs is that they are permanently tied to Jabo's Direct3D 8 1.7.0.57 plugin, since Jabo's texture hash algorithm is a secret.
How awful! :(

Last edited: