What's new

pixel shader 2.0 support

spyro32

SSBM and Kingdom Hearts fan
hey guys i was wondering if there is such software that can make a radeon 9200se support pixel shader 2.0.it may sound kinda dumb but i just want to know.thanks.btw is this right place to post a thread like this :whistling ?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
TechTalk perhaps?
It would be kinda pointless to emulate such things as pixel shader as it would be incredibly slow. If it would works and if there was on such program (where there isn't), your card would probably not be able to handle it anyway. So no, no such thing exists.

Clements

You can 'fake' Pixel Shader support if your card has none and a game refuses to run because of this using an app such as 3danalyse, but it does not emulate PS 2.0. Emulating this feature would destroy the framerate as already stated.

Nick

Hi, I'm the creator of swShader. It is still under development, so it doesn't run optimally yet. In the future some applications will run in real-time though. It will never be as powerful as a graphics card, but I'm using dynamic code generation to make use of the full capabilities of every processor. It will probably also support shader version 4.0 before any hardware...

Lesleygwen

Vetex & Pixel Shading

hi, i have a celeron 2.4 ghz pc with geforce 2 440 graphics card... i need to play topspin game which requires pixel 1.1 which the graphics card does not have. is there an emulator available to sort this out so that i would not have 2 buy a new graphics card...PLEASE HELP !!! Lesley

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Gah! READ ABOVE!
No such things exist if you want playable speeds! And there are nowhere perfect either. Go get yourself a better card. Sheesh, any new card will do. They're not expensive either.

Lesleygwen

Thank You...

Thank you for an amazing forum...i have realised that i will not be able to find an emulator to resolve my problem. I purchased a new geforce fx5200 and the game is working perfectly as well as all other game play better.

Thanks lesley

Eagle

aka Alshain
Good job, vid cards aren't expensive so I don't understand why people insist on finding every way they possibly can to make old ones work with newer features.