What's new

Phantom Unveiled

Clements

I'd be hard pressed to call this a console... more like a high-end PC with a 'fancy' case, but then I suppose consoles have been slowly turning into PCs so this is the next logical step.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
One thing to note about the CEO of this company: he has been involved in not one but _several_ shady looking corporate bombshells where the investors lost millions, among other things (like having nothing but a single desk in infinium labs' so called corporate headquarters) that make this company look like it's nothing but an investment scam.

Look throughout this page for details (especialy near the bottom)
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTEy

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Does anyone else think it's interesting this is said to run on a custom XP kernel, but M$ hasn't made an annoucement about support the thing?

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Well, I suppose they could always purchase it on an OEM deal, but nobody is allowed to disclose the price that they buy windows from microsoft for. My guess is that it will cost an extra $70 per unit minimum, just for the software alone. IMO this is realy stupid, since they could just use a free operating system that would work just as well. (not necessarily linux, but it would work, whether they have to release the source or not, as they could still digitaly sign their software to the unit to prevent hacking, as many companies that use embedded linux already do, such as tivo for example)

It's stupid things like this that give me 99.99999999999999% certainty that this console is nothing but an investment scam.

smegforbrain

The interesting thing about the Phantom is that, although it reeks of a scam, it has apparently been newsworthy enough that it seems to be the "fourth" next generation system that people talk about when they discuss upcoming console systems.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
If you look at the screenshot of the first person shooter, )2nd down in the right coloum) you can see it look uncannily like UT2k3 with minimal hub display on.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
2fast4u said:
even if it is real, i have a pc. what the hell would i need with this thing?

The scamming CEO of this company says that everybody will buy it simply because they like to buy whatever new console comes out. See that webpage I posted earlier, its pretty damn funny actually. The sad thing is there are some whales out there that will fall for it.

Whats even worse about the design of this thing is that they put the USB ports in the back. Extremely dumb idea; if somebody wants to unplug or plug in the accessories, they have to pull the damn thing out of their TV cabinet first.

2fast4u

AlphaWolf said:
The scamming CEO of this company says that everybody will buy it simply because they like to buy whatever new console comes out. See that webpage I posted earlier, its pretty damn funny actually. The sad thing is there are some whales out there that will fall for it.

yeah ive seen it. tycho posted that page quite a while back :)

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
LMAO That is a Logitech Wireless Keyboard with some extra shit stuck on it. I should know, I own that keyboard, I'm typing with it right now. LMAO Scam!

OP
Remote

Remote

Could very well be, too little scandals in the console ind so I don't really mind, hopefully a lot of people preorder :p Nah, not really but atleast a couple so that people can tell them, I told you so... ;-)