What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Ocarina of Time - Skyward Sword Texture Pack

Lightpost

Noob here working on my very first N64 Retexture Project. I'm using Phantom7's Hi-Res Texture Pack as a basis and replaced a few of the textures with the ones Disbala used for his Twilight Princess - Skyward Sword Texture Pack. I haven't played Skyward Sword nor Twilight Princess yet (I'm such a loser).

I've only retextured most of Kokiri Forest, a little in Lost Woods, Link's clothing and equipment, some parts of the HUD which I'd say is about 90% complete after two weeks of working on it.

For screenshots, I posted the same topic Here.

I need a little help with a few things regarding Hex Editing:

Okay, now here's what I need help with:

-Has anyone finally succeeded retexturing Link's stubborn bracer/gaunlet forearms, belt and his adult version's hair in the back? And also the NPC house interiors in Kokiri Forest?

-I know that his clothing textures are some sort of masks so using the actual Skyward Sword textures won't work as it will only darken his tunic. I've Googled about Hex Editing it and managed to make it work on the Debug version of OoT (ZELOOTMA). However, the offsets are different on the regular OoT ROM. I'd really appreciate it if someone can provide me the values I need to Hex Edit so I can change it to white.

It also appears that the HUD elements work the same way as Link's tunic - a somewhat pre-colored surface which can also be edited. I also need help locating those values in the ROM so I can use the Skyward Sword sprites I obtained and make its colors appear accurately in the game. The same thing goes for the Text/Dialogue Boxes.

-I also noticed how the textures on the large sword scabard gets inverted whenever Link's far from the camera - I can put up with that. What I don't get is the scabard tip. I found the two dumped textures for it but whenever I edit one, it looks messed up (grainy pixels) instead of the game just using the default textures. What's up with that?

So far that's all I need assistance with.

Please, please, please help me with this one. Google's hiding things from me/I don't know where to look at. :down:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
L

Lightpost

I do not know the answer to the non debug tunic location in ROM but you would do well to also post this topic here (and subsequently ask for help). It is a very active forum:
https://www.the-gcn.com/index

Thanks for the suggestion.
I actually managed to find the Hex Values I needed to change in the regular US ROM I have and succeeded in turning his tunic to white so that the Skyward Sword Tunic textures appeared as it should.
I just had to decompress the ROM with ZDec. The Hex Values in the Debug version and the regular ROM are the same but they just have different offsets.
Now I'm trying to figure out how to make the Skyward Sword Heart sprites to show up as is instead of acting like a color gradient. I'm also planning to adjust the HUD coordinates.

OP
L

Lightpost

If you need the HUD Coords for the 1.2 (U) I have all the values

Yes please. That'd be great! I'm also thinking of tweaking the icon placements to accommodate the Pause Menu tweaks I'm doing. For now, I'm still Googling on how I could remove the "tints" used for each menu/screen (Item Select, Equipment, Map, etc.)

I'm currently trying to get a Twilight Sword ISO so I could try and rip all textures in it so there's a chance that I may not be able to finish this Skyward Sword project but instead change it into Twilight Sword. It's just that Disbala's textures lack that much variation, I thought I should try the SS game myself but it's more than 4GB in size and would take weeks for me to download. Twilight Sword is only less than 1GB and I hope I'd be able to rip it soon.

If anyone has complete rips of either Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess, I hope they could upload it somewhere.... Sight!