What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Ocarina of Time (A Link to the Past Textures)

nicktheslayer

Hey guys, im new here. I just thought id post what i started on, an i hope to finish over the summer. Heres a preview:

This is what ive done:

Kokiri Forest - 90%
Lost Woods - 90%
Inside the Deku Tree - 20%
Hyrule Field - 40%
Kakariko - 20%
Great Fairy's Fountain - 100%
Fairy's Fountain Grave - 100%
Secret Grottos - 50%
Graveyard - 1%
Zoras Domain - 10%
Zora's River - 100%
Zora's Fountain - 25%
Lake Hylia - 2%
Lakeside Laboratory - 10%
Gerudo Valley - 5%

Last edited:
OP
N

nicktheslayer

Thanks. This is time consuming. Does anyone have any complaints about the forest, before i move on to the Deku Tree? I started, but the tree will be hard, i can barely tell the difference between most of them.

OP
N

nicktheslayer

Im guessing you mean on the trees and such, right? They are ugly to me, but im still working on it. Its mostly just the generic tree texture, not the fancy ones. The texture on Link's House and a few others. Are there any others that you think are too pixelated? Because pixelated is what im going for.

MetalKnick

Pixelated is good for what this is. If you make the textures 4 times bigger, I think they'd look stunning. Almost like taking the texture filter off.

OP
N

nicktheslayer

Heres some screens guys, not too much new, but here you go:

Forest1Original.png
Forest1Snes.png

Forest2Original.png
Forest2Snes.png

Forest3Original.png
Forest3Snes.png

CaveORIGINAL.png
CaveSNES.png

I hope you enjoy these!

fernan1234

I really like all the pixelation, it's really cute. Makes it feel like an old DOS game. I especially like that last pic. Keep it up!

OP
N

nicktheslayer

Im not entirely sure where the text is when its dumped. Ill work on that soon though. I also want to finish the hud, but im having trouble with that as well. I did fix most of the text that pops up on the action icon (Blue)

chaoszerox

hires_texture
My first impression watching that video, well lets say I said a lot of holy blank stuff.
I'm quite impressed!
It's certainly a cool idea!

OP
N

nicktheslayer

What problems are you having with the HUD? The hearts, perhaps? They look... odd at the moment.

The hearts, definately. It seems to me theire made up of a LOT of different images, which im having trouble sorting out at the moment. Also, the magic meter. I found everything i need, but the meter border (white), when i edit it, it loses its transparency, which others dont. Ill fix that soon enough though.

My first impression watching that video, well lets say I said a lot of holy blank stuff.
I'm quite impressed!
It's certainly a cool idea!

Thanks! I hope to update more soon. Does anyone know of someone who could do the 3d modeled places later on, and make it in the same style i did?