What's new

not a problem - dont worry!

Trotterwatch

You could use the Glide3x Wrapper, but it's far from perfect at the moment.

You could also use Fraps, available from www.fraps.com for FPS measurement in Fullscreen. Though to be honest I am pretty dubious about the accuracy of this with Jabos plugin.

Trotterwatch

It should work automatically, just open up Fraps and minimise it to the task tray (it has to remain open).

If this doesn't work, then I can only ascertain it has issues with your system for some reason.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
yeah but it's cool that it works. that's the first time i've seen the real fPS out of PJ. PJ seems to be dead on aswell, which is nice.

Trotterwatch

Try using Jabos D3D 1.4, if you haven't already. I say this simply because, that is the version I tested.

Certain games (or in this case plugins) don't write a certain value which FRAPS uses to judge the framerate, so in that case you won't get any reading whatsoever. The writeup about this problem is on the Fraps webpage.

Trotterwatch

Though to be honest I am pretty dubious about the accuracy of this with Jabos plugin.

I said this earlier, and would actually like to take that back. It does seem to be very accurate (with the FPS limiter on, it runs at a constant 30FPS, without it climbs a lot higer).

Trotterwatch

Fixed your prob:

Go into the graphics plugin settings, and ensure you have the 'Buffer display mode' set to: Triple Buffer

If this setting is on Transfer Memory then Fraps won't work.

OP
james.miller

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
execellent! thankyou it works now!
i can start testing some games. what are you guys getting with it?

Trotterwatch

Unsure, that happens to me as well. However, it doesn't seem to be a problem with the emulator, as fullscreen shows 30FPS constant - unless I turn off the Frame Limiter, in which case it goes much faster. I like it the way it is though, very smooth and nice.

OP
james.miller

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
yes it is smooth. strange though. perfect plods along at 120pfs whithout the limiter on in windowed mode.60ps in fullscreen.

but, which one is wrong? windowed or fullscreen?