What's new

Nintendo To Unveil A New Console Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knuckles

well, it's like, only a N64 transformed into a controller to plug on the TV. And games are simply the roms put in the flash card.. nothing really new :\

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
What Nintendo is announcing next year hasn't been revealed yet. iQue is designed for China and China only, not for anywhere else.

And god dammit, why does everyone take every single physical opportunity to slam GameCube? IT'S AHEAD OF XBOX WORLDWIDE RIGHT NOW FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! And what's REALLY funny is that Microsoft has been losing an unbelievable amount of money on Xbox, and then Nintendo pulls one minor loss for the first time ever and OMG NINTENDO IS GONNA DIE!!1111! LETS HOPE THEY DO IT QUICK!!!!!!!1! Good fucking lord... no wonder so few third parties are willing to put serious effort into coding games for GCN, I think all the GLOOM AND DOOM predictions are being taken seriously by the devs...

Anyway, iQue is NOT what Nintendo will announce next Spring, and it won't be the imminent launch of GameCube's successor either. That won't happen until at least 2005.

blizz

more importantly it was a quarterly loss, Sony and M$ have on many occasion made a quarterly loss and still made a profit by the end of the FY.

OP
Stezo2k

Stezo2k

S-2K
Tagrineth said:
And god dammit, why does everyone take every single physical opportunity to slam GameCube? IT'S AHEAD OF XBOX WORLDWIDE RIGHT NOW FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! And what's REALLY funny is that Microsoft has been losing an unbelievable amount of money on Xbox, and then Nintendo pulls one minor loss for the first time ever and OMG NINTENDO IS GONNA DIE!!1111! LETS HOPE THEY DO IT QUICK!!!!!!!1! Good fucking lord

Calm down, I didnt say nintendo's gunna die, all I said was they are making a loss, which is a fact, if microsoft were making a new console, i'd also mention they are loosing money on each xbox, GC has a lot of potential, i feel that it hasn't been met yet

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Stezo2k said:
GC has a lot of potential, i feel that it hasn't been met yet
Indeed. I guess Metroid Prime was only a sample of what could be done with the console, eh?
That the iQue supports nes & snes is kewl, but screw the n64 (oops, did I say that? :p)

OP
Stezo2k

Stezo2k

S-2K
Doomulation said:
Indeed. I guess Metroid Prime was only a sample of what could be done with the console, eh?
That the iQue supports nes & snes is kewl, but screw the n64 (oops, did I say that? :p)

Probably one of the most popular GC games i havent played for it to be honest, even if its a must have like resident evil, I still feel the potential hasn't been met yet, the lineup of GC games are still mainly for young gamers, and still the games are a bit pricey, thats why i sold mine, and it's also proberly the reason for it doing not so well in the UK & US

smegforbrain

blizz said:
more importantly it was a quarterly loss, Sony and M$ have on many occasion made a quarterly loss and still made a profit by the end of the FY.

Back to back quarter losses is what I heard. First in a very long time, if ever, for Nintendo.

Unless you think that Nintendo has the kind of money Sony and Microsoft have to throw around (which Nintendo doesn't).

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
IIRC, microsoft lost 270 something million dollars over a year on their entertainment division, but total, the company reported a 3 something billion dollar profit.

blizz

smegforbrain said:
Back to back quarter losses is what I heard. First in a very long time, if ever, for Nintendo.

Unless you think that Nintendo has the kind of money Sony and Microsoft have to throw around (which Nintendo doesn't).

ultimately this comes down to the harsh reality that Nintendo like Sega have to remove themselves from pandering to their fans (which is ultimately what killed Sega) although in doing so it may lose the "Nintendo Difference"

however unlike Sega they are better placed to make a strong recovery, however the reliance on worn out franchises which require a revamp of one sort or another, I'm not talking about the quality of the gameplay here, that is still there I'm talking about the perception of the games, for example, Zelda has been damaged by WW, no matter whether it's a good game or not Link now looks like a powerpuff girl, and he's meant to be the Hero! Mario has never been a character based franchise in the same vein as Zelda, Mario has been about platforming at it's most basic and fun, pokemon although now well established has run the course with only the Pokemon RPG still in the wings to be remade.

if you look at new franchises the only one which stands out as different from the Nintendo mold is Eternal Darkness, which didn't receive the sales it deserved unfortunately.

pandamoan

Banned
i like nintendo games better than most sony / ms games.

but i gotta warn you, MS is after nintendo, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. and with the money they have, etc, well, in the face of that megoliath, most companies fold relatively quickly. even companies that are much bigger and badder than nintendo. hell, i'd wager sony is starting to run scared of MS, and they are a HUGE corporation, with countless divisions, and profit sectors.

unless there is some REAL legal action against MS, which I doubt there will be, as the anti trust lawsuit ended up being little more than a hand slap, i fear for any console makers future.

sadly, i'm no MS fanboy.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
pandamoan, MS is after Sony more than Nintendo. Actually MS and Nintendo have a pretty decent relationship.

Bet you didn't know MS and Nintendo of America are both based in the same city.

Status
Not open for further replies.