What's new

NES emulation

R

rico001

Looks like Xod got more games working good!

http://fceultra.sourceforge.net/dev/
http://fceultra.sourceforge.net/

scotty

The Great One
It does appear that Xod continues to work on FCE ultra, but what exactly did that June 15th entry mean anyway, I was wondering if that was a new version

Allnatural

scotty said:
It does appear that Xod continues to work on FCE ultra, but what exactly did that June 15th entry mean anyway, I was wondering if that was a new version
A teaser I suppose. He has made a few source updates since the last official binary (.94), but none of the docs mention these games. I assume then that it's an upcoming version. :)

marioshroom

Quake2Max Player
also is this of the best news!

for i am to like fce ultra very the much!

only am i not to like the controller configurations.

shroomario

Allnatural

Damn. As much as I like FCEU, the jerky scrolling is really bothering me. I think I'll use VirtuaNES for a while. :)

scotty

The Great One
I agree. FCEU is the best when it comes to colour quality, however it doesnt really have the save function that NNNesterJ and VirtuaNes have. I used to use these 2, but as Allnatural said, Im using VirtuaNes, for gaming now, and I just use my custom palette.

Clements

I see what you mean about the palettes. JNes is redder than the other emulators while VirtuaNES is yellower, while NNNesterJ and FCE Ultra look identical. I use JNes and NNNesterJ the most as they support graphics filtering, but I still use the others a bit.

Allnatural

NNNesterJ is great but for the sound quality. Many games just don't sound quite as I remember them. The sword beam in Zelda 2 is a perfect example; I know that's incorrect.

Speaking of palettes, I agree with scotty that FCEU's looks best, so much so that I use it with every emulator.

gamerk2

Banned
Emulator News: FCE Ultra is Now Dead
6:21: Sadly, this news comes straight from the homepage:

No more support will be provided for FCE Ultra from me. If you care about FCE Ultra so much, support others. Support files for building on Windows will no longer be provided. "Binary" releases for Windows will no longer be made. The source code will be updated whenever I feel like it, and may contain bugs. If you're packaging a release, you should read the ChangeLog and take note of anything that might be buggy, and test it before releasing.

Xodnizel did a fantastic job on this emulator, as it is one of the best out there. I think I can speak for all emulation fans when I say 'thank you'.

You can still download the last binaries at the Nintendo Emulators page. If you haven't tried this emulator yet, now is the time. Since it's open source, maybe someone else will pick up the project where Xodnizel left off. Let's hope so

OP
R

rico001

Goto -->Config-> Video ->clip left and right sides can be checked to fix scrolling issues for games such as SMB3

There is also the "~" key which when held will speed up emulation
contact fax

scotty

The Great One
A sad day today is for NES emulation. FCE ultra is now DEAD. I know that FCE ultra really shaped the face of NES emulation the way it is today.

OP
R

rico001

newer 98.10

scotty said:
A sad day today is for NES emulation. FCE ultra is now DEAD. I know that FCE ultra really shaped the face of NES emulation the way it is today.
Newer FCEUltra 98.10
Modified By cah4e3

binary
http://cah4e3.deruspsx.com/fceultra/fceu-mm-june09-2004-win32.bin.rar

source
http://cah4e3.deruspsx.com/fceultra/fceu-mm-june09-2004-win32.src.rar

Whats new
Changes:
fixed 164 mapper - (...) "San Guo Zhi 2 (Chinese).nes" now works

Past Changes (may 21, 2004):
Based on FCEUltra source code snapshot (fceu-v0.98.10).
added 164 mapper - (Xod) "Final Fantasy V (Unl).nes"
added 165 mapper - (...) partially supports "Fire Emblem (Unl).nes"
added 212 mapper - (...) mapper for new dump "Super HIK 300-in-1 (1994).nes"
added 215 mapper - (...) mapper for new dump "Mortal Combat 3 (Extra 60).nes"
added exit by pressing ESCAPE button