What's new

NEMU RULEZ....(try to beat this emu!!)

yogaman

Banned
Well.....just saw a few new screenies on Nemu's homepage and on Emukult.de.....

NEMU rules.......(hey, name one emu to come close to this resolution?? :colgate: ...none, correct!)

pd_sm.jpg

pd2_sm.jpg

pd3_sm.jpg

pd4_sm.jpg

(well...to get a even "deeper" look on the pics go to nemu's homepage (or www.emukult.de ....)

Smiff

Emutalk Member
It's easy to impress people with something if you don't let them touch it, don't them find the flaws ;) Seriously, there's nothing I see in those shots that Jabo's hasn't already done.... but that doesn't change the fact that it's very good work :)

sk8bloke22

roll for life
yeh, but it aint on jabos plugin which adds to its excellence. it reassures us that there is a non-zilmar spec emu still out there. havent got anything against zilmar spec emus though ;)

Smiff

Emutalk Member
sk8bloke22 said:
yeh, but it aint on jabos plugin which adds to its excellence. it reassures us that there is a non-zilmar spec emu still out there. havent got anything against zilmar spec emus though ;)

why is that reassuring... its irritating, it might have been/be better than Jabo's and I might have wanted to use it in 1964 for more speed or whatever.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
true.

im kinda relating this situation to the psx emus. for example, in my opinion, cvgs was the best psx emu as it was complete, no messing about, no plugins, u just put in a cd and it plays. if u get me, with nemu, there will be less options, presumably, and stuff to muck about on, etc, etc. but then again, the n64 plugin scene aint quite the same as the plugin scene for psx emus, considering the mass amount of plugins available, whereas for n64 emus, theres only a few.

u r right though. nemu will be limited for ur reason suggested smiff. who knows maybe after nemu is released, lemmy/LaC might decide to release it as a separate plugin, although they've said they wont.

OP
yogaman

yogaman

Banned
well smiff.....u should have a good eye to compare the pics of nemu with PJ64's of perfect dark....

I don't know the current status of jabo's plugin....but u have to admit that just visually stating that nemu playing perfect dark is way ahead....;)....don't get me wrong, PJ64 is great ...but nemu's just the tip ahead :)

Smiff

Emutalk Member
disclaimer: this is not a competition, blah blah. Actually seriously it's not. I just want people to be a bit more scientific in their thinking.

compare_nemu.jpg

compare_pj.jpg

I have matched filesizes as close as poss. also.

Bear in mind the slight POV difference, and the different hardware, the PJ shot was taken on a GeForce1, I have no idea what the Nemu shot was taken on (I suspect a GeForce2 because that's what EmuManiac has, that's a guess).

They both look great to me. I can see one obvious difference and two subtle ones.

aprentice

wrappers

You could make a wrapper that permits the plugin to work under zilmar specs, or just add support in an emu to use nemus plugins if you wanted, anythings possible.

Martin

Administrator
Yup, both screenshots sure look great! Nice job from PJ64 as well as Nemu64 teams :)

:pj64: :nemu:

Although, I must say that the official PJ64 smilies is a bit l33t3r. ;)

zorbid

I can see two out of the three differences:

Textures in reflection look better in PJ
and PJ is antialiased.

What's third?

Smiff

Emutalk Member
lol ok make that 2 obvious and 2 subtle. The Nemu shot could actually be using Jabo's plugin, I can make it look veeeerry similar to that by turning several things off (some driver, some plugin options)

Lemmy

I think its out of questiion that Jabo's graphics are better than mine. Jabo has been into graphics programming for years, I only started this year. Additionally he started his graphics a lot earlier, thats why I don't really understand why smiff is trying to make those shots down.

I remember pretty well when we showed screenshots of Conker's Bad Fur Day. Several months later I saw some of PJ64. I don't remember any Smiff saying "hey, this has been done before, so the shots can't be as good as."

P.S.: I am using a TNT2 Ultra which cannot do Antialiasing.

Last edited:

FUNKY JUNKY

These pics of PD really look close to the original! I remember a few months ago, I never had seen PD working on any emu out there. But I've got a question: Does someone know on which system the pics were taken?

N64 Emulation gets forward very fast and I hope it'll get the status of GB or SNES Emulation one day.keep it on guys!

:pj64: :nemu: :apollo: :tr64: :daedalus: :1964:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Lemmy (if that's you), if you read I'm not having a go at Nemu, I'm having a go at the people who see every new screenshot and go "wooow! that's the best" and the next emu "that's even better" , "wooo", "omg, that totally creams all other emus" etc etc... without apparently any real critical thought at all... for what's in the shots or more importantly what isn't in the shots... just for the record, I was against Zilmar posting those 1.3 CBFD shots on the site, I don't believe drawing attention to any particular game is good for the image of emulation as a whole... and it's not what any real emulation project (PJ or Nemu or any other) is about, as you well know. But it's fine, people should be proud of what they've done for after all they are great achievements and not worry too much (too much) what Joe Public is saying.

Now read the title of this thread! :D ok :)

Smiff

Emutalk Member
BTW if that's just one year's work, extra respect, that's astonishingly good... but, how much time spent is that, and does it matter? not really, get the results, have fun, yada yada :alien:

sk8bloke22

roll for life
i know wat u mean smiff.......but i can see how it can be taken the wrong way, espescially with the pic comparison.