What's new

Need some expert advice.

Turbo Techie

Rei Byakku
I have a pretty obsolete computer. But I think I could run this emu with a few tweaks. I was wondering if anyone could help me. My specs are:

450mhz Celeron Processor
Ati Rage 128 Pro Video Card
192MB Ram

Nothing special by far but gets the job done. Im shooting for running Zelda MM atleast decently. With the default settings I start the game from the beginning but the screen is teal and doesnt change at all. when I tweaked the settings a bit I noticed some small changes in the title screen and thats about it. I know I can do this. If I can run Max Payne with medium specs flawlessly on my comp I know I can run PJ64. I hope someone can give me some tips on how to tweak my PJ64. Hope to get some good advice soon. :D

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
No, there's no way in hell you'll be able to run PJ64 at an acceptable rate with that pc. Use 1964, it won't be 100% full speed but it'll be much better than pj64.

Being able to play max payne has no effect on how well you'll be able to use something as advanced as pj64 - they are two seperate things, coded differently, etc. Not to mention all the extra work an emulator has to do, a pc game does about half the work project64 does. :pj64:

You also have to use Glide64+Evoodoo because of your crappy video card, Jabo's will look like complete crap on it.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Ultrahle, corn.. nemu might work ok on your computer... corn especially... ran mario 64 fast.. not very compatible though ???

ShadowFX

Guardian
If you want to run the lastest version of Corn, you first need to get Corn 0.2, and update it with 0.3 Update. I had some trouble with this at first but I it worked eventually. Man that were the days.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Malcolm said:
iq_132 said:
I'd suggest Nemu... It does run LOZ:MM right?

No, only OOT
Afaik, it runs MM, but you die when hit. And your screen is filled with ocarinas...
So, umm, well it isn't really playable.

As for the tweakings...
1964 first, glide64+evoodoo and azimer's sound.
That's probably the best you can do.

OP
Turbo Techie

Turbo Techie

Rei Byakku
Well thanks for the help.... Most of you. And it's not what you have it's what you know. Guess Ill try 1964 and wait until a new nemu is released if ever released.

RJA

The PC Wiz
Turbo Techie,

Don't use Nemu 0.7a!

With the zelda games, all graphics *will* be messed up!

!Nemu 0.7a issue!