What's new

N64+PSX USB Converter Problem!!!!

Ryoko

Me and a few friends have just bought the BOOM N64+PSX USB CONVERTER for the PC. (from www.lik-sang.com)

It states that you can use an N64 or PSX/PS2 controller on your PC.
I can set up the PS2 controller with no bother, but when I try to set up the N64....it acts like the buttons are being pressed down automatically and skips through the calibration section.

Have tried the other converters on my PC and others with no luck.
Tried other drivers and operating systems...but to no avail.

Tried to contact the makers (on numerous occasions)..but has been about 3 weeks with no reply...

Has anyone else got an N64 controller to work...if so can you please help me.

:cry: ??? :angry:

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
can you please tell me the trick to get 20gb+20gb+30gb to 90gb??

and those AMD XP's are crappier then i thought if they only run @1.44Mhz :(

p.s. hope your not mad i'm trying to correct you.

i have an Adaptoid and it works fine so, can't help you sorry.

Last edited:
OP
Ryoko

Ryoko

Thanx for correction points.......I didn't noticed that at all...well spotted.

Any chance of sending me the drivers you used.....

Can't get it to work at all....tried alot of stuff

:)

Mr. Frisbee III

Are you using an official Nintendo controller? I have an Adaptoid, but have found unofficial ones to perform strangely. The fact that the PlayStation controller works might point to a problem with your N64 pad...or drivers

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
err.. then you have nothing to do with the Adaptiod drivers.

i have a question, are you using N-Rage plugin's LATEST version?
oh .. and what is your DircetX ver?

Mr. Frisbee III

oooooooooo....if you are using an unofficial one, then maybe those funny turbo/autofire switches that seem to be on most unofficial pads are autofiring through the set-up. make sure they are off!

flow``

flow``
Ryoko: try re-installing the drivers maybe?

i noticed the date on the drivers was 99?

what OS are you on?

OP
Ryoko

Ryoko

I have tried an Official and non one......

Can't even configure the pad in PJ64 because of the strange configuration in the windows GAME CONTROLLERS section.

I have direct X 8.1 aw well.

flow``

flow``
i guess your best bet would be emailling them asking for support then since most of the users here use an adaptoid [i think?]

OP
Ryoko

Ryoko

FLOW`` question

I have tried using the sites drivers...searched the web for others.....

My OS is Win98 SE...have tried the converter on 98SE, ME, 2000, NT4 and XP.....all with the same problem.

But if you go to:
http://211.154.103.72/faq.php?faq_share_id=412

as you can see...the complete opposite....

??? :cry:

Mr. Frisbee III

I notice that your motherboard is based on the VIA KT266a chipset, like mine. There are various problems related to USB devices on this chipset, relating to some but not all devices. My adaptoid seems to work fine, as do mice and things like that. Perhaps it is this problem that is causing your converter to work strangely??? Go to the VIA website and download the LATEST VIA 4-in-1 drivers. See if that cures the problem. If it doesn't, then your best bet would be to buy an Adaptoid, and I KNOW that is not affected by the USB timing problem as it works on my machine. Have fun:colgate:

flow``

flow``
grab the latest bios as well.. i had a strange problem with my mobo until i upgraded my bios which fixed it

L3rd

Hi, I have exactly the same problem!!

If you find a solution, please let me know...:colgate:

Allnatural

I have one of those adapters, and I've had the same problem. It's happened with a number of emulators too, Gens, ePSXe, PJ64. You know what help? Strangely, just flipping the switch on the adapter back and forth once. Works every time.