What's new

My Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mithos Kionisu

Ok, I have an intel Pentium 4 Processor, 512 mb of RAM, and a ATI RADEON X1300 512mb gfx card.
What do I need to upgrade in order to get decent fps? (decent as in more then 3.81)

Toasty

Sony battery
You may indeed get more than 3.81fps. Depending on how fast that Pentium 4 is (you didn't mention its speed) you could easily get as much as 5 or 6fps in-game. If you actually want to play the games at their normal speed you have three choices:

1. Buy a Gamecube
2. Pre-order a Wii
3. Wait an indefinite amount of time for Gamecube emulators and PC hardware to develop to the point where they can properly emulate the Gamecube

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
what, you mean the part that says
DO
* Post your systeminfo if you have a question (we can't read minds )
?

No. Because the question your asking is already answered in the FAQ of that thread. As well as the million friggin times others have asked this same stupid question. I usually don't get bent out of shape, but this board would be a lot more enjoyable if peeps would simply take some time to read and search for answers.

Q: Whoa, Dolphin is running as fast as a pregnant snail, what am I doing wrong?

A: The Nintendo Gamecube is a very advanced platform and (todays) computers are not fast enough yet to emulate it with the techniques we use. So... you aren't doing anything wrong! Upgrading a CPU or GPU won't gain you much more performance (you will only gain 1-5 fps). IF you decide to upgrade just besure to get a 64-bit CPU and a GPU which supports (at least) 2.0 pixelshaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.