What's new

My new PC :)

xneoangel

Persona User
I went on a trip to Canada and bought a new PC :), i just got back today and i want to know what do you think about what i got.

Motherboard: ASUS M2V
CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Socket AM2
GPU: BFG Geforce 7600GT
RAM: 2x 1GB Kingston DDRII 667MHZ
PSU: Thermaltake 480W

As for the sound card, hard drive, monitor, speakers, mouse, etc i'm keeping my old ones as im really happy with them.

I had a 700$ Budget so i think i got a good PC out of it, what do you think?

P.S: I havent assembled it yet because i need a new case and well im out of money :( , but by the next week i should have the money i need to buy my case and give life to my new PC. :p

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Very good rig, however it's a shame you didn't go for a Core 2 Duo based PC, a 6300 it's just great, however the mobo and that CPU are a little more expensive

OP
xneoangel

xneoangel

Persona User
t0rek said:
Very good rig, however it's a shame you didn't go for a Core 2 Duo based PC, a 6300 it's just great, however the mobo and that CPU are a little more expensive

Exactly i had 700$ to buy my parts and i spent the whole 700$ with what i bought, and since my PC is for gaming going any lower than a 7600GT or 2GB of RAM would be bad, since nowadays games are more limited by the GPU than by the CPU, that's why i decided to buy "a better GPU and RAM and a slower CPU" than "a bad GPU, low amounts of RAM and a faster CPU".

Toasty

Sony battery
Good bang for the buck. Right now is a good time to buy a new PC, since the advent of Core 2 has brought prices down on all the older stuff. Overclock that X2 and I doubt you'll be missing the Core 2 too much. ;) The AM2 socket should be around for a while too, so when the time comes, if you want to upgrade the CPU it should be easy.

OP
xneoangel

xneoangel

Persona User
Toasty said:
The AM2 socket should be around for a while too, so when the time comes, if you want to upgrade the CPU it should be easy.

Yep, there's the 5000+ :drool: , sometime it'll be mine.

t0rek said:
Overall the rig rocks!

I can't wait to test it :D

OP
xneoangel

xneoangel

Persona User
WhiteX said:
Good rig, i´ll go Tenchu all over it and steal it for me.:ninja:

No you wont be able to because i have a high tech defense system protecting my rig on a 24/7 basis (my little sister can scare the heck outta you, she does look like alma from FEAR, lol).

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Will the next-gen AMD Processor not be compatible with AM2 or was it that *IT* will be backwards compatible with AM2? If AM2 will house the new processor then the way to the future is wide open, when the new AMD processor arrives.
I could hardly say a dual core processor is a weak processor. You get a very nice system there, mate.

OP
xneoangel

xneoangel

Persona User
Ok i just assembled my new PC :p, my CPU is at 40-42ºC while surfing my internet (i think this value is just right), and my motherboard is at 38ºC(im not so sure about this one), is that temperature normal on these new motherboards?, so far its stable but i just want to be sure if it is or if it isn't ok?

OP
xneoangel

xneoangel

Persona User
Stezo2k said:
Yeah those are perfectly good temps

Nice rig :)

Ok that's good to know. now i'll continue installing the drivers and programs i need to then test it with a game :p