What's new

Moral Dilemma

2fast4u

You're in Florida ... In Miami, to be exact. There is great chaos around you, caused by a hurricane and severe floods. You are a freelance photographer and, in the midst of this great disaster, you're trying to shoot the most impressive photos possible in this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. There are houses and people floating around you, disappearing under the water. Nature is showing its full destructive power, bearing everything away with it.

Suddenly you see a man in the water, fighting for his life, trying desperately not to be swept away by the masses of water and mud. You move as close as possible. Somehow, the man looks vaguely familiar ... AHAH! You know who it is - it's George W. Bush! As the raging waters are about to take him away forever, you realize you have two options. You can save him ... or you can take the best photo of your life! Isn't that rather interesting? Two choices - You can save the life of U.S. President/Commander-In-Chief George W. Bush ... or shoot a unique Pulitzer prize-winning image displaying the death of one of the world's most powerful men.

Now ... here's the question (please give an honest answer):

Would you select color film, or rather go with the classic simplicity of black and white? :unsure:

:batman: :ninja: :cyclops:

Niggy G

HTAFC will rise again!!!
khanmeister said:
Well, the reward of not having Dick Cheney for president maybe.

So very true, besides you'd get enough money for the photo, :whistling

anyone here sensing my incentives are all wrong, lol

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Hmm...well, I am sure this goes without saying, but "george dubya" has already secured my vote for the 2004 election.

Last edited:

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
I go for the color one... If you want the classic B&W you cand do it with the same color one shot...

Eagle

aka Alshain
AlphaWolf said:
Hmm...well, I am sure this goes without saying, but "george dubya" has already secured my vote for the 2004 election.

bah george dubya needs to have his head examined, he ensured I would never vote for him ever again, just after I voted to get him into the governor seat.

By the way, 2fast4u. Lets see, I could risk my own life to save the life of an imbecile or I could improve my life by taking a picture. If those are my two choices, I'm taking the damn picture.

Last edited:

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Eagle said:
bah george dubya needs to have his head examined, he ensured I would never vote for him ever again, just after I voted to get him into the governor seat.

You know, a lot of people say things like this, but they never have any specific reasons. The only reasons they do this is because many of their peers do it, and they just like to be one of the flock, so they do it too. Where does that get anybody?

Granted there are a few bad qualities about bush, like the "didn't inhale" thing, the fact that he pushes some of the most irritating of christian values into his policies, and the fact that he ditched vietnam. But have any of these things affected his overall performance? Certainly not. They may be a dishonorable, but when it comes down to it they are mostly nothing but petty shit that people spread around simply because they have nothing better to do, and they like to make it "hip" to hate the president.

I think bush is doing a good job honestly, just look at what his tax cuts have done to the economy, and his "cowboy" behavior isn't taking any shit from the terrorist types, which has them on the run. Most of the bigger issues that everybody opposed to bush bitches about have turned out to be quite the opposite of their expectations. If they were in office, things would have ended up worse, which is why I will not allow them into office. Bush has my vote for the next election.

Eagle

aka Alshain
AlphaWolf said:
You know, a lot of people say things like this, but they never have any specific reasons. The only reasons they do this is because many of their peers do it, and they just like to be one of the flock, so they do it too. Where does that get anybody?

Reasons? You want reasons? He raised the taxes in Texas during his reign over us and the national tax cuts are merely setting things back to normal for us while the rest of the country gets the added bonus of the cuts. During his govern more people were executed in the state of Texas than during any other governer's term in history AFAIK at least two that were proven innocent after their execution. Bush cut funding from the fine arts programs and his successor (his former running mate) Rick Perry reduced school funding all together. I could go on forever like this but I think you probably get the idea. He was a horrible governor and I will never believe he could be anything more than a horrible president. I know its hard for you to understand, youve only been with him for 3 1/2 years. Ive been with him for far longer.

Last edited:

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Eagle said:
Reasons? You want reasons? He raised the taxes in Texas during his reign over us and the national tax cuts are merely setting things back to normal for us while the rest of the country gets the added bonus of the cuts.

Are you sure there wasn't a reason for this? Everybody else seems interested in raising taxes, yet bush isn't. Texas' economy seems to be doing fine last I checked, especially the IT sector there, whereas its doing far worse almost everywhere else. Its possible that those taxes were warranted. If not, then why doesn't your current governor lower them?

eagle said:
During his govern more people were executed in the state of Texas than during any other governer's term in history AFAIK at least two that were proven innocent after their execution.

So was bush judge jury and executioner? Did he micromanage every single trial? Should he have set the obviously guilty ones free simply because he didn't want to set a new record?

eagle said:
Bush cut funding from the fine arts programs and his successor (his former running mate) Rick Perry reduced school funding all together.

I don't know anything about this, but thats texas.

eagle said:
I know its hard for you to understand, youve only been with him for 3 1/2 years. Ive been with him for far longer.

I don't see how these 3.5 years could have gone any better. 'Sides, I would be glad that your governor isn't a bulldyke.

Last edited:

Eagle

aka Alshain
AlphaWolf said:
Are you sure there wasn't a reason for this? Everybody else seems interested in raising taxes, yet bush isn't. Texas' economy seems to be doing fine last I checked, especially the IT sector there, whereas its doing far worse almost everywhere else. Its possible that those taxes were warranted. If not, then why doesn't your current governor lower them?

The ecomomy here is horrible, I dont know where you get your information but I spent 4 months looking for a job and couldnt even find one in a restraunt as a cashier until after all that time.

AlphaWolf said:
So was bush judge jury and executioner? Did he micromanage every single trial? Should he have set the obviously guilty ones free simply because he didn't want to set a new record?

No, but there were a lot of questionable trials with a little more discovery they could have been proven or disproven. It is the governor that gives the stay of execution in Texas.

AlphaWolf said:
I don't know anything about this, but thats texas.
Whats that supposed to mean? "but thats texas"? Texas is dumber than the rest of the states?

AlphaWolf said:
I don't see how these 3.5 years could have gone any better. 'Sides, I would be glad that your governor isn't a bulldyke.
First of all I dont know what a bulldyke is, second I doubt she is any worse than Bush/Perry.

OP
2fast4u

2fast4u

Eagle said:
By the way, 2fast4u. Lets see, I could risk my own life to save the life of an imbecile or I could improve my life by taking a picture. If those are my two choices, I'm taking the damn picture.

exactly my words.

OP
2fast4u

2fast4u

Macca said:
lol 2fast started another political debate

i find it funny how easy it is to do that these days ... just an innocent joke i picked up on another board ;)