What's new

is 1964 dead?

SubCog

hey, 'not asking for a date or anything, but I'm wondering if there's still work happenin' or if it's dead?

Legend

Well given 1.00 was never released and it's been 3 years and Rice and Schibo are MIA and there's been NO talk of anything new or beta testing going on, I say we can put a fork in it.

I was the biggest advocate and user of 1964 until recently. I realized that it offers nothing that PJ64 1.7 doesn't offer. 1.7 is much less buggy and stable and more compatable. The only thing it's missing (only for a little while longer) is per rom plugins.

1964 is a great emulator and nothing against those who spent time on it, but we just need to move on to something more current, something that will offer us everything we want.:pacman:

Legend

Really? Maybe for speed on a lower end system or Killer Instinct Gold to work a little better or something. I don't know, PJ64 has never really caused any issue with me, I just used 1964 so I did'nt have to mess with my plugins all the time. But to each their own I guess...

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
1964 was never unstable for me, in fact 1964 is sometimes more stable... Banjo-Tooie on 1964 0.8.5 is perfect, most stable the game ever will run. Not opinion, fact :D

Lets wait and see, but its not like 1964's core isn't capable of running most.

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Completely agree with you Scott, it is MUCH more stable for me as well, and i just think it is more comfortable to use.
Also, i really don´t think any emu is dead as long as people still use it and make stuff for it...Hires, anyone?

A.I.

Banned
The only problem I have with 1964 is unreliable save states and random crashing, particularly with Perfect Dark at the intro but other than that it's OK, I guess... ;)

Let's just say if I had to take only one emu with me on a desert island it wouldn't be 1964... :pj64:

jhap1982

Completely agree with you Scott, it is MUCH more stable for me as well, and i just think it is more comfortable to use.
Also, i really don´t think any emu is dead as long as people still use it and make stuff for it...Hires, anyone?

I wish 1964 came back with a newer versiOn :)