What's new

Input plugin for keyboard only???

jshel65

Hello all!

I am currently running M64Py version 0.2.2 and trying to configure my controllers. I am using xpadder as I am making a retro gaming system with multiple emulators and multiple controllers.

I am currently using the mupen64plus-input-sdl.dll.

My issue is that I am only wanting to configure it for 2 controllers all of which are mapped to keyboard keys. But it is detecting my other controllers that are hooked up (and have very similiar xpadder profiles) so that everytime I try to play a 2 player game it ends up being a 4 player game (on something like goldeneye for example)

Is there a different input plugin or something else that I can do to somehow disable the emulator from recognizing anything beyond 2 controllers??

Any help is much appreciated guys, I'm glad to be a part of the community now.

V1del

Edit mupen64plus.cfg and on the [Input-SDL-Control3] (and 4) set the mode parameter to 0 and plugged to False, or in the m64py gui go to controllers 3 and 4 and set it to fully manual and disable the plugged checkbox.

That out of the way, I wouldn't use xpadder if I were you, this breaks analog stick support and thus you'd be unable to use variable stick ranges for things like walking/running that are one of the useful things especially in this case. If you intend to use it as a multi-emulation machine it may even be adviseable to use one of the multi-emu plugin emulators that have an unified way of handling input and sound etc. across different emulators like RetroArch or Bizhawk or similar, but that's up to you to decide

OP
J

jshel65

Thank you for the reply, I will give what you said a shot! I have noticed what you were talking about with the analog sticks. They are definitely less than ideal with xpadder. I am running hyperspin so I'm not sure what would be the best solution at this point?