What's new

Input Help

little miho

Hi everyone.

I'm currently having trouble with my input settings for JNES. Before we get to it, here is what I have/am running on.

+ Windows ME
+ JNES version 0.5.3
+ PS/PS2 USB Controller Adapter

And here is my problem:

I've been using JNES for about two weeks now, with this same controller (Tiger PS/PS2 USB Controller thingy). My input has been fine and dandy and problem-free until about this morning, when I realized that every button except the directional pads receive no input; that is, when I press 'em during my game of choice, they don't work! :(

When I go to configure the buttons again, I cannot do it (usually, a message at the top of the menu will read, Press Key (#...Seconds), but I don't receive that message now). I only get some strange Slider* 0+ thing where the button map is. This has never happened before. Here is a screenshot:
jnes.gif

*Slider input is for pressure-sensitivity and I've disabled/enabled it several times to see if that'd change anything, and it didn't either way...

I've gone into my Control Panel and recalibrated my controller and remapped the keys, I've checked the controller's use on other emulators (such as ZSNES, RockNES, MAME 32K, to name a few), Disconnected and reconnected the controller, downloaded the controller's drivers and updated them, and I even restarted my computer twice -- everything seems to point that there is something up with my JNES, because the controller is fine.

Am I missing a certain file? Did I do something wrong? Will I need to get a later version of JNES? Or what?

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance...

xamenus

You might need to uninstall Jnes. Double-click the "Remove Settings.reg" file in the Jnes folder. And update to 0.6. :)

OP
L

little miho

I updated to JNES 0.6 as you suggested but I still have the same problem. :( Oh well. I'll use another emulator sans netplay.

Thanks very much for your help!