What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

How do I retexture a N64 rom

Justin3

..BANG!
Hey I dont know if this is the right place to put this. I am planning to re texture a game called Battletanx GA, this is kind of like the Oot retexture pack but I dont know how to open the file to modafy it. Im going to use Photoshop and paint shop pro to edit the textures but I really dont know how to do this. Can anyone help me thx.

Cyberman

Justin3 said:
Hey I dont know if this is the right place to put this. I am planning to re texture a game called Battletanx GA, this is kind of like the Oot retexture pack but I dont know how to open the file to modafy it. Im going to use Photoshop and paint shop pro to edit the textures but I really dont know how to do this. Can anyone help me thx.
It is the wrong forum. However you are talking about 1964 hirez textures? That should be in the 1964 forum then. There may be support for specific plugins for this. However 1964 specifically supports this Therefore it's being moved to 1964 Hirez projects forum. TA.

Cyb

Last edited:

mongo51983

Zelda Maniac!!!
Ok this tutorial is from the no mercy zone on how to dump textures for wwf no mercy. Use this and instead of looking for the no mercy folder find the folder of which game you are dumping textures to.

1. Download the Project 64 1.6 emulator, which can be found at http://www.pj64.net/files/setup Project64 1.6.exe

2. Download the Rice Plugin and using WinRAR, extract it to the C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6\Plugin folder: http://www.emutalk.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=23107

3. Download the BMGlib file and extract it to C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6: http://www.emutalk.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=22952

4. Enter the Plugin folder of your PJ64 folder, and create two new folders entitled: texture_dump and hires_texture

5. Enter the hires_texture folder and create a new sub-folder called WWF No Mercy.

6. Start up PJ64 and go to Options --> Settings --> Video Plugin. Make sure you have the Rice plugin selected as your video plugin!

7. Start your WWF No Mercy rom and find the texture you wish to edit. When you do, go to Options --> Configure Graphics Plugin --> Texture Filters, and check the "Dump textures to files" box.

8. Go back to the game and re-select the texture you wish to edit.

9. Go back to Options --> Configure Graphics Plugin --> Texture Filters, and uncheck the "Dump texures to files" box.

10. Open the texture_dump folder in your PJ64 folder. Inside should be a WWF No Mercy sub-folder. Enter it.

11. Inside should be various texture folders. Enter a folder, right-click and copy the individual texture you want to edit, and paste it into the hires_texture --> WWF No Mercy sub-folder.

12. Using an editing program, edit the texture and save (not "save as"). You may resize the texture to 200% or 400% if you are editing a PNG.

13. Go to "Graphics Configuration", uncheck the "Load Hi-Res Textures if Available" box, hit "Okay", and go back into the game to see your new textures.