What's new

Hi, newbie ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCduck7

Like to play the Proppeler Arena that was never released and a few other rare games on my DC.
I have ABC torrent and wanted to download it at Torrentreactor but got an error, happens there a lot by the way.
Any other suggestions to reach my goal?

Thanks

RCduck7

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Yes. Search somewhere else! This is not a torrent suppot forum (especially when it has to do with downloading ROMs and ISOs). Plus, this has nothing to do with Chankast.

OP
R

RCduck7

It doesn't have to be torrent for me, chankast or whatever so i can finaly play them.
I'm a bit sick of spending my time searching things without results.
Common there have to be some capable gus here that knows how it works.
Or is everyone holding back becausse it might be illegal?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
It's stated in the rules not to ask for ROMs or ISOs. It doesn't matter if they are torrents, direct links or whatever. Which part of the rules you don't understand? :getlost:

WhiteX

RCduck7 said:
Common there have to be some capable gus here that knows how it works.
Or is everyone holding back becausse it might be illegal?

Yes, we are capable to find our own stuff out, but we will not tell ya!:evil:
Oh! yes it is because it is illegal, why else, sheesh!:p
Seriously, apologize or undo your posts before a mod take a look at it and ban your ass.

The_Agent

This Is A Custon User Title :p
RCduck7 said:
Like to play the Proppeler Arena that was never released and a few other rare games on my DC.
I have ***** and wanted to ******* it at ********** but got an error, happens there a lot by the way.
Any other suggestions to reach my goal?

Thanks

RCduck7

i find it hard to believe that you know how to use a search engine but cant read the forum rules

also if they are rare games as you put it, i doubt you will find help here as its obvious that you do not own the originals

CLICK HERE FOR THE RULES

OP
R

RCduck7

I quit don't understand it.
This is an emulation board so everything is illegal here, it makes the forum rather pointless as it is about emu's.
ok ban me then, i don't give a damn suckers. hahahaa.
By the way some games you can't own as they weren't released.
This is the most unwelcome board i have ever been.

Last edited:
OP
R

RCduck7

Oh, and i am a collector.
As a matter a fact i have 150+ original dreamcast games so i guess it doesn't weigh against the few back ups i want.

Miretank

Lurking
This is an emulation board so everything is illegal here.

Oh, and i am a collector.
As a matter a fact i have 150+ original dreamcast games so i guess it doesn't weigh against the few back ups i want.

if you have already bought more than 150 games, why don't you try to search and buy them at sites like eBay? also its not necessary to discuss the forum rules, rules were made to be respected ;)

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
You ignore everything and start posting... Why do you think all the "Read Me" sticky threads are there, for fun or something? As long as you obey the rules everything will be fine.

xneoangel

Persona User
RCduck7 said:
This is an emulation board so everything is illegal here, it makes the forum rather pointless as it is about emu's.

This site helps you with emulation how to make games run and that stuff because emulators are not illegal.
Now roms/isos/bios are illegal and this site staff and members dont want it closed because of legal problems.
So if you want to stay at these boards follow the rules.

RCduck7 said:

Err... another of the forum rules is to be nice and not be insulting people here.
And if you want to quit these great boards thats your problem ...

OP
R

RCduck7

MiretanK.O said:
if you have already bought more than 150 games, why don't you try to search and buy them at sites like eBay? also its not necessary to discuss the forum rules, rules were made to be respected ;)

They didn't bring out Proppeler Arena to be sold.
If your a true hardcore gamer you should know that. ;)

The_Agent

RCduck7 said:

lets clear one thing up, emulation is not illegal...

1. you are free to play your Software on any given Hardware IF you own the original, as you hold the licence

thus if i OWN the original Soul Calibur that i want to emulate on my PC, then i can legally use a back up of that software on my hardware.

there is nothing in any EULA that states "this software is for the sole use of the dream-cast hardware" as they can not enforce this legally.

2. owning games that where never released is theft plain and simple
UNLESS
A. you own the original licence
B. they declare their software as freeware / abandon-ware and then release it, in which case, its been released and is readily available
C. they release it for free

3. the only time emulation becomes illegal is when you do not own the console that you are running the emulation for IF it requires the bios, tho this to is a gray area as to get the bios you need to basically "rip" it from the console and this act might fall into the category of "De-construction" which is against the EULA

Last edited:

Martin

Administrator
RCduck7 said:

Nothing on this board is illegal, you are obviously clueless. If I wasn't so lazy I'd ban you for your sour attitude.

Here's a good read for you btw:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

OP
R

RCduck7

xneoangel said:
This site helps you with emulation how to make games run and that stuff because emulators are not illegal.
Now roms/isos/bios are illegal and this site staff and members dont want it closed because of legal problems.
So if you want to stay at these boards follow the rules.

So emulators are legal but the games on it are illegal.
Then in my opinion it makes this forum pointless.
It's like you can chip this playstation but you can't play a pirated game on it.
Pointless...
I'm against pirated games when the console is still alive but the dreamcast is dead anyway, that's why they didn't release Proppeler Arena.
But that's my opinion, don't feel attacked, i don't come here to kick ass.

Also,

Buying an imported game is also illegal but yet there are stores where they sell them and you can easely buy it from Ebay.
It is all a Joke to me.
I have bought Cosmic Smash, Alien front online for DC, Chrono Cross, Chrono Trigger for PS1 and sin&punishment for N64 lately while all Original they weren't released here where i live in Belgium.
Now sue me, i have contibuted the gamebiz financialy very good in my life.

Last edited:

Martin

Administrator
RCduck7 said:
So emulators are legal but the games on it are illegal.
Then in my opinion it makes this forum pointless.
It's like you can chip this playstation but you can't play a pirated game on it.
Pointless...
I'm against pirated games when the console is still alive but the dreamcast is dead anyway, that's why they didn't release Proppeler Arena.
But that's my opinion, don't feel attacked, i don't come here to kick ass.
How typical.

The_Agent

its NOT illegal to have a BACKUP of your OWN software.

Even if you eventually use that software in a emulator

i think you should go read up on copy-right law.....

OP
R

RCduck7

The_Agent said:
its NOT illegal to have a BACKUP of your OWN software.

Even if you eventually use that software in a emulator

i think you should go read up on copy-right law.....

How you gonna proof you have the original when downloading a back up?

I saw the thread about how to run Skies of Arcadia properly wich seems positifly received on the forum, i have the original by the way.

Ok but i begin to understand it.

I don't own Propeller Arena as it wasn't released but i do own let's say... Zero Gunner 2 and i like to keep it in the package for collector's purpose.

Now it isn't illegal to help me get on my way to have a back up for this one as you pointed out?

Status
Not open for further replies.