What's new

hah...I can play at work

jdsony

Well it's Christmas Season and things are pretty slow here at the work so I thought why not play some N64 games instead of mindlessly browsing the World Wide Web! I ftp'ed Project 64, Diddy Kong Racing and Mario 64 to my computer here at work and...

It works! And the speed is good too. This computer and the other one I also tried are only Athlon 800's 256mb RAM and crappy Matrox G400's. Speed is more than I expected normally close to 60fps drops down as low as 40 at some points but I can't complain. The only downside is that the lighting seems to be cranked up everywhere so when you go through tunnels in Diddy Kong it is still really bright and when you go through doors to enter the races instead of being black darkness it's a small textured room.

I will try some new drivers see if that irons out the issue at all but I can't expect too much from Matrox =p

Last edited:

pandamoan

Banned
jdsony said:
Well it's Christmas Season and things are pretty slow here at the work so I thought why not play some N64 games instead of mindlessly browsing the World Wide Web! I ftp'ed Project 64, Diddy Kong Racing and Mario 64 to my computer here at work and...

It works! And the speed is good too. This computer and the other one I also tried are only Athlon 800's 256mb RAM and crappy Matrox G400's. Speed is more than I expected normally close to 60fps drops down as low as 40 at some points but I can't complain. The only downside is that the lighting seems to be cranked up everywhere so when you go through tunnels in Diddy Kong it is still really bright and when you go through doors to enter the races instead of being black darkness it's a small textured room.

I will try some new drivers see if that irons out the issue at all but I can't expect too much from Matrox =p

don't get caught!

:)

Bartman3010

I've gotten PJ64 to work at my school's computers, along with a number of other emulators. Thing is, it randomly freezes, I think its fixable with a different plug in though. Heck, the computers up there even have USB ports, so i brought a couple of PSX adapted controllers to play with and it worked well.

So awesome.

Clements

I've used up 80% of my Uni's 50MB network allocation with emulators and stuff! I play ZSNES all the time while no one is looking! Psst! Don't tell anyone!