Howdy,

When i'm using Glide64 plugin, i met a problem annoying enough. Check out :

Someone know how to fix this bug ?

GarulfoUnix.

Richard42

Emulator Developer
GarulfoUnix.

It's a decal bug. I fixed something similar in RiceVideoLinux. There is an RDP render mode setting command, which is parsed in the RSP_Parser.cpp file of RVL. There is a 2-bit flag that's bitmapped inside the parameter for this command which sets a 'Z' mode. The decal mode is set in RVL by a value for this flag called ZMODE_DEC. In order to display properly, the gfx plugin (Glide64) must parse this flag, enable the OpenGL state GL_POLYGON_OFFSET_FILL, and properly set the
glPolygonOffset values.

Richard42

Emulator Developer
GarulfoUnix.

It's a decal bug. I fixed something similar in RiceVideoLinux. There is an RDP render mode setting command, which is parsed in the RSP_Parser.cpp file of RVL. There is a 2-bit flag that's bitmapped inside the parameter for this command which sets a 'Z' mode. The decal mode is set in RVL by a value for this flag called ZMODE_DEC. In order to display properly, the gfx plugin (Glide64) must parse this flag, enable the OpenGL state GL_POLYGON_OFFSET_FILL, and properly set the
glPolygonOffset values.

Richard42

Emulator Developer
GarulfoUnix.

glPolygonOffset values.

Richard42

Emulator Developer
GarulfoUnix.

glPolygonOffset values.

OP
GarulfoLinux

GarulfoLinux

hm ok ..
But, how to enable this state for the Glide64 plugin ?
Because when i check out in Glide64's configuration dialog, there is no state for that.

And, your last version of RiceVideoLinux works for x86 architecture or this is available only for amd64?

OP
GarulfoLinux

GarulfoLinux

hm ok ..
Because when i check out in Glide64's configuration dialog, there is no state for that.

And, your last version of RiceVideoLinux works for x86 architecture or this is available only for amd64?

Richard42

Emulator Developer
hm ok ..

It's probably a bug, and will require code modification to correct. RiceVideoLinux compiles and runs on both 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x86_64 or amd64) platforms. There are binary versions available for both platforms in the v1.1 thread. We're getting close to making a new release as well.

DarkJezter

Hey Garulfo, which version of Glide64 are you using?

I was spelunking through the forums the other night and stumbled across this:
http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=37658&page=12

there's a link to Glide64 Wonder Plus (look for version 12 in that forum)

You may want to download the Glide64.ini file that's in the win32 binary download on the Glide64 page, but I've had some great success with that version of the plugin.

I haven't managed to get the sky textures working, however that aside, the graphic quality seems to be the best I've seen for mupen

I haven't found any linux version of the GlideHQ plugin yet though

OP
GarulfoLinux

GarulfoLinux

Thanks DarkJezter,

Indeed, i downloaded Glide64 Wonder++ et remplaced my Glide64.ini with the Glide64.ini of "Glide64 Wonder++".

The issues are resolved now.

:)

DarkJezter

Yeah, I'm relatively happy with the quality of the Glide64 plugin. Though it does hit my cpu a bit harder than Rice's seems to.

I haven't done any investigation into it yet, but I may have to try and find out where the program is spending most of it's time. I suspect that I may be able to squeeze a bit more out of it.

Only thing that bugs me about it though, is the missing sky and water effects in Goldeneye. Anyone ever come across a plugin that render the ocean in Goldeneye?

Right now, I've got this all running on an Athlon XP 3200, (it's actually an overclocked Barton core for anyone who knows what I'm talking about) and it's barely breaking even