What's new

Games in Concert

Redah

Go Sweden! Not!
Administrator
Just had to share this with you guys :)

Last weekend, me and my new gf went to a concert completely dedicated to videogame music. It's kinda like the more famous VideoGames Live, except this was a first and unique experience in The Netherlands.

All videogame tracks were performed by a live orchestra, the "Metropole Orchestra" from The Netherlands. That's these guys:

metropole.jpg

They were led by Christopher Lennertz, an American who arranged soundtracks for Medal of Honor and Gun, for example. There were also some special performances by other people. But let's skip to the (downloadable!) music!

The concert opened with Halo. This was performed by the Metropole orchestra, and voices were done by the Dutch choir "Pa'dam":

padam.jpg

You can download Halo right here.

The track for Metal Gear Solid (my personal favorite) was accompanied by a Dutch special effects musician, called "Eboman". The cool thing about this is that he was wearing a suit that responded to his movements, and then played a sound effect. Very interesting to watch:

eboman.jpg

You HAVE to download Metal Gear Solid here

Then there was a track from Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, which had voicework done by Floor Jansen, who is in the Dutch metal band After Forever:

floor.jpg

You can download Final Fantasy here, although I hate her singing...

The track for Super Mario Bros. was done by 4 people instead of the entire orchestra:

mario.jpg

And ofcourse you can download Super Mario Bros here!

There were alot more tracks in this 3-hour-concert, with tracks ranging from Fifa to Zelda and Burnout, but unfortunately I only have a couple more tracks to share with you guys.

Download The Curse of Monkey Island here <-- You've got to grab this one
ShenMue (again with Eboman) can be found here
James Bond: From Russia with Love (like we don't know that theme :))

BlueFalcon7

Nice. :)

I did not really like the arrangement of the halo theme, the theme that they hinted at the end (I cant remember the name of it) should have been played more.

Metal Gear Solid also had a very good ending, with a good trumpet part (I play trumpet myself)

Mario Bros was good, though a little repetitive at the end, and had a really well balanced, and well arranged Bass/Cello part

And of course, James Bond was of course amazing. The arrangement sounded good also, I liked how the trumpets didnt always play the main part.

revl8er

That Damn Good
Both the Metal Gear Solid and the James Bond theme were great. The mario theme was alright as well.