What's new

First PSP Games Ripped

Stezo2k

S-2K
Well i'm not sure myself, but the games are available on the internet by the looks of it....

. R E L E A S E I N F O R M A T I O N .

> Wipeout: Pure -USA- (c) Sony <
|
cOMPANY : Sony | rELEASE DATE : 4th May 2005 |
sYSTEM : PlayStation Portable | sIZE : 1 UMD [10x15mb] |
tYPE : Driving / Racing | vIDEO MODE : LCD ;) |

. R E L E A S E N O T E S .

The latest and the greatest in the seminal WipEout series, 'Pure'
distils the essence of anti-gravity racing and futuristic
adrenaline-fuelled combat. Hi-tech weapons, hi-octane speed and a
high-tempo dance soundtrack combine to deliver an explosive taste
of the future directly into your hands. Supporting up to eight
players via a Wi-Fi link for multiplayer gameplay, gamers will be
able to take on their friends and attempt to blast enemy ships to
pieces in a fierce competition for top racing honors. Players who
win a gold, silver or bronze trophy will earn fresh racing colors,
new ships and four classic tracks from past installments in the
Wipeout series. Fresh downloadable content that can be saved to a
Memory Stick Duo, such as new tracks, ships, skins and music, will
expand the racing experience and allow for personalization of the
game.

wonder how long it'll be before the psp gets cracked if it ever does

OP
Stezo2k

Stezo2k

S-2K
dogdogwoof said:
nothing is ever uncrackable :p
heh, well of course ;)

how big can you get the memory sticks on these things? If I were sony, i'd worry if you can get these things over 1 GB...

OP
Stezo2k

Stezo2k

S-2K
posty_2k3 said:
I heard sandisk is working on a 4 gig mem stick duo.
nice, bad news for sony though if these get exploited so you can use PSP games on them

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Sony sure hasn't seemed to care in the past for piracy... does that mean it doesn't hurt them or are they just unwilling to spend money to stop it all?

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I doubt Sony don't care, remember all the Bleem lawsuits and they've probably tried to get modchips outlawed as well (if they aren't already). It is impossible to stop piracy btw, well... I know a way, destroy the human race ;)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Yes, but they don't give much effort to stop it, unlike nintendo. It almost seems they care little to nothing of piracy...

dogdogwoof

Part-Time Coder/Sleeper
well, honesty its pointless to curb piracy. the amounts of money used to try only gets cracked. its not hard to reverse engineer methods etc. they should to market more and more reasons why owning an official copy is better than a dodgy off the street version

WhiteX

Here in Brazil, almost all the PS (1 and 2) are pirated, however all consoles left a Sony factory, Bleem! made a hit to the console market, now if modding a console helps it to get sold on more countries, Sony only has to profit.

GrumblyStuff

Stezo2k said:
If I were sony, i'd worry if you can get these things over 1 GB...
Hmm.... A Sony 1GB stick goes for $125... 2GB looks well into the $300+ range.

UMD's can hold about 1.8GB.

Now granted, you could get a single stick and swap games on it from your computer but that would leave you with only 1 game at a time. Sony shouldn't be too worried about pirates what with the need to store pirated games ($35-$50?) on Memory Sticks ($$$$).

OP
Stezo2k

Stezo2k

S-2K
yeah, but with hard drives and pendrives the price should drop after a while....

plus being re-writable people could just any game on the flash memory (if cracked) whenever they want to play a certain game, holds an advantage over a UMD....

smegforbrain

If somebody comes out with a writable UMD (which might be unlikely, as it's proprietary to Sony), then I see this becoming a bigger issue sooner.

As it stands, yeah, right now, we just need to wait for cheap & sizable USB drives, which aren't too far away imo, but this really only limits the ability to pirate alot of games into the device at one time, rather than the ability to do it in the first place.