What's new

EMERGENCY! please help...

stingingscorp

Hi, when playing "Dragon Warrior" on my actual Nintendo system, I always have to hold the "reset" button before turning the machine off. This saves your work in the Imperial Scrolls.

My problem.... how do I save my work in the Imperial Scrolls when using JNES? I'm using my keyboard as the controls.
Button A: Insert key
Button B: Delete key
Select: Pg Up key
Start: Pg Down key
directional arrows for directions.

PLEASE HELP.... every time I play, upon exiting I lose all progress. And when I start again, I have 3 empty log books. My children really love this game, but they're getting tired of continually starting over again.

Thanks so much.
Please send any helpful replies to my email address
[email protected]

OP
S

stingingscorp

The menu bar has CPU option which has Save.... but when I go to the open menu under File, I go to saved games, and there is nothing there....
that's why I'm asking how to save and access the saved games!!
thanks for your quick reply, ....
any more suggestions?

Jaz

Ex-Mod
A real female, on EmuTalk?! ;)

Ummm.. isn't there a `restore state` button then, once the ROM is loaded?

blizz

in JNES press F5 to save a state and F7 to load it

the slot into which the save state is saved can be changed under the CPU menu in "State num"

so the start the game from a saved postion, reload the rom and then press F7 ensuring you've selected the correct save slot for the save you want to use.

OP
S

stingingscorp

yes... a real female!!!!

That doesn't pose any problems, does it?

LOL

one more question, please.

On the options menu, you can go from a window to a full screen.

When in full screen mode.... how do you get back to window mode?????????

Stupid me, I;m hitting all the keys, trying to get back to window mode to save my progress after seeing the king,,, when I hit the ESC key and BAM, the game's gone. I hit the restore and it goes back to the first save I did an hour ago.
Please help me - how do I get back to window mode from full screen??

Thanks so much for all your help! You guys are great!

OP
S

stingingscorp

Well then, I think I'll be honoured to have the position as first "real" female on this site.

I love emulation and my kids are now totally into it as well.
I think Jnes is one of the best nintendo emu's out there.

But I still can't figure out how to save and then play my saved dragon warrior 3 game.

I press the F5 key to save it... then when I go to open a game I.... what? go straight to restore? go to the CPU and select the number that it saved to ? what order do I do these things? and am I doing every thing I'm supposed to to get my saved game?

Thanks for your help Jaz and Blizz.
Much appreciated.

blizz

Jaz said:

No, but I think you're the first. ;)

wrong!! what about Aesthetica?

and please don't turn this into a lame arsed IGN style, "There's a girl in here!!!" thread ;)

blizz

stingingscorp said:
Well then, I think I'll be honoured to have the position as first "real" female on this site.

I love emulation and my kids are now totally into it as well.
I think Jnes is one of the best nintendo emu's out there.

But I still can't figure out how to save and then play my saved dragon warrior 3 game.

I press the F5 key to save it... then when I go to open a game I.... what? go straight to restore? go to the CPU and select the number that it saved to ? what order do I do these things? and am I doing every thing I'm supposed to to get my saved game?

Much appreciated.

you load the game through the file menu using open or of the recent menu under file, and then restore your save with F7

Gorxon

Administrator
Try ALT+ENTER to get out from Fullscreen...might work :) (although i have never used JNES so i don't know...) Good luck:bunny:

Jaz

Ex-Mod
stingingscorp said:
Much appreciated.

I don't really give much help. I'm just here to make sarcastic comments. ;)

But anyway, welcome aboard EmuTalk.net.. :D

blizz

Jaz said:

I don't really give much help. I'm just here to make sarcastic comments. ;)

But anyway, welcome aboard EmuTalk.net.. :D

so that's why we're moderators :bunny:

OP
S

stingingscorp

the ESC key actually minimizes the window... but thanks for the advice on being able to load from each saved state. I was unsure about that, and didn't want to muck around with the emu too much. My daughter is really happy that she can play from where she left off, instead of having to start over each time.

Last question... do I still have to save with the king first (the imperial scrolls) or can I just save using the F5 key?

Thanks all.

blizz

normally in an emulator you can do both but since you had problems saving with the king you can just save with the F5 key, plus that way you can save whenever you want too.

Bopig!

The Great BO
I'm playing this game now myself

I'm playing this game myself right now and it's really quite easy to save. Just go to the king and say yes when he asks if you'd like to record your adventures on the scrolls. This save will then be placed in a folder called saves that Jnes makes. Simple.:D