What's new

Downloading and "installing" calculator games

Josep

eyerun4phun
Just got the ti-83 plus se, cause i had to give up my other calculator to my sis;) BUT i've downloaded a shit load of calculator games and every time i transfer them to my calculator i go to programs and it lists like 6 programs for tetris when all i want is one game! Does anyone know what i mean? and i did that with a few other games, they just come in multiple files, i use the program 'ti connect' to transfer the files, the games do work, but it takes up waaay too much memory, the way it shouldn't, and is in multiple programs, please help;)

EdgeBlade

Brandonn
Some games use more than one "program" for diffrent sections of the game. It's eaisier to code it that way I believe

OP
Josep

Josep

eyerun4phun
o, its just that i've seen other games on my friend's calculators and it doesn't look anything like mine for the games;) Plus i think it takes up a little more room than it should on my flash card...hmmm

Eagle

aka Alshain
You can actually hide the rest of the files, I dont remember how to do it. Its been so long since I used my old TI-83 plus. Although I'll be using it again soon for discrete math, but I've never used it for games, only helpful software.

Harteex

Harteex das Brot
When you download a game, it usually comes many files for different calculator versions... at least from the sites I downloaded games from....

mesman00

What's that...?
i've programed a few progs for ti-82/83, as someone before my said, it is easier to use multiple files and then link them, especially if your making a big program.

Harteex

Harteex das Brot
Take a look in the memory then, and see what's taking up the space.

When you download a game from the site, you'll get many files. If you for example download a pack with a .8xg file and a .83p file, use only the .8xg file because that's the file you're supposed to use on the 83 +.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Yeah thats what I was going to say, hit the "2nd" key and then the "+" key. Select memory management, Select all and then start selecting variables and crap and hit the delete key. Stuff with a "*" beside it is proabably somehing you dont want to delete, but you might want to. The calcualtor's default has nothing buit the CBL/CBR program. You can delete this if you dont have a CBL or CBR and can always download it from TI's webpage again if you need it. Sooo... basically you can delete everything and start fresh.

EDIT: And yes, that is one of TI's own webpages so it is official.

Last edited:
OP
Josep

Josep

eyerun4phun
wait a second! so there is a difference for games with the flash version than assembly!! wow, well, i'm learning...so what games can i get? or am i just losing myself into i don't know what;)

Eagle

aka Alshain
Yes flash is even held in a total different part of your calculators memory, the archive and standard memory are only affected by files a flash program may create, like High Scores or something. Your calclulator (TI-83 Plus and higher only) has a special Flash memory. The flash programs are kept under the blue "Apps" key. That was the whole purpose for TI releasing the TI-83 Plus so soon after the TI-83 was released, it added support for Flash. Note that TI Flash programs and Macromedia Flash programs are two totally different and unrelated topics.