What's new

Dolphin debugger?

Mouser X

I was wondering if there was a way for Dolphin to notify you what files it was accessing off of a GC image. I'm very sure that Baten Kaitos is using streamed music (not sequenced (like midi), which is what many older games do). However, when looking inside the GCM, I notice that virtually all of the files don't have a file extension. So, it makes it difficult to tell which file(s) might contain music. If there were a feature in Dolphin that told me what files were being loaded by the emulator, it would make it a lot easier to identify which files might contain the audio data. Does this feature exist? If yes, could someone please inform me on how to use it? If not, does anyone have any other suggestions?

In case you're wondering, I was hoping to extract the audio data so that I could play it in Winamp using in_cube. That plugin already supports a wide range of games, if anyone here is interested in it (there's a thread that talks about in_cube in the general GC thread, so many, perhaps all, of you have probably heard of it, already).

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help that can be offered. I'm sure such a feature would be useful on other games as well... Anyway, hope to read a reply soon. Mouser X out.

ector

Emulator Developer
Before we had dvd emulation working properly, we used to patch file access methods and run from extracted images. Back then what you're asking was possible. Right now we just provide the running game with the plain gcm image, and the game code does all the file system stuff, so the emulator never really sees it. So no, it's no longer easily possible unfortunately.

OP
M

Mouser X

Well dang. Thanks for the info though. I guess I'll just have to guess, and hope for the best. On that note, I do appreciate all the work you people have been putting into Dolphin. Though I haven't used it yet, I probably will, eventually. Keep up the great work. Mouser X over and out.