What's new

Dolphin 1.03 BETA crashes with pixel shaders enabled.

mix

Well, I just fired up the beta of Dolphin 1.03....and it crashes. I loaded my ISO of choice and it crashed. I fiddled around with the settings and I found that if I disable pixel shaders, it doesn't crash. It worked fine with 1.02. Maybe something got broken in development? Does anyone know how I can fix this? My specs are in my sig and I have the latest drivers and DX9.0C. The game was Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Last edited:
OP
M

mix

yaz0r said:
Go catch ector, he broke that code aeons ago ! :)

Is this the only game it crashes with? Or all games with pixel shaders enabled it crashes? I don't have another game, so I can't test.

kaoken

Yeah, I think it happens with all Nvidia Gen 6 cards. Only works with no pixel shaders. BTW, yes I've tried 5 games and they all crashed on pixel shading...

OP
M

mix

Darn, so I need to get an ATI card if I want to play? That or a 7800. I'm screwed.

OP
M

mix

Clements said:
I do not have this problem with any game I tested.

Really? Then what's the deal? We have almost identical systems. Only difference is the graphics card.

Knuckles

it works fine on my main PC (GF6600 AGP) , but crashes on my laptop ( some intel video card with DX9/PS2.0 HW support).

We'll try to get ector on that one.

Kozak

I have the same problem..... i have ATI graphic card - 9550 Gigabyte 128 mb with DX9c/PS2 and it still not working :p We need patch :plain:

Tcd

Banned
Damn zelda dont work well well ill wait one more year then it cost me so much to buy games when man are only 13