What's new

Cxbx progress - Xbox Emulator for Windows

JKKDARK

caustik's blog

There was some amount of activity in a private branch in the Cxbx project recently..

I have been talking to a developer, Martin, who has spent some of his extra time fiddling with Cxbx. He was able to get some teaser screenshots from Battlestar Galactica. The game displays the menu, and even some in-game. I won’t get into too many details, but here are a couple screenshots.

I have not started to work on Cxbx on a regular basis — but I think this progress is very motivating, and it is tempting me to boot back up my development setup and take another look after a very long absence.

Many thanks to Martin for the contributions and for allowing me to post about his progress. Cheers.

Click on the link for screens

FlotsamX

Hmmm... not that amazing, in my opinion. I mean, the ONLY game you can currently play on it is Turok Evolution, and even then, without sound and at horrible FPS. If they want to work on getting the emulator working and to a bigger audience, they should work it out to play more famous games, like Halo, of course. ^.^

OP
JKKDARK

JKKDARK

Hmmm... not that amazing, in my opinion. I mean, the ONLY game you can currently play on it is Turok Evolution, and even then, without sound and at horrible FPS. If they want to work on getting the emulator working and to a bigger audience, they should work it out to play more famous games, like Halo, of course. ^.^

Well probably they are busy and it's not easy. Just be patient, it's just a hobby.

FlotsamX

Of COURSE it's not easy: I'm not implying it is. But, think of it this way:

Why waste a year of time for something that isn't really much use to anybody (etc. making only obscure/bad titles compatable), when you could spend that same year working on something amazing? The man who can get ONLY Halo 2 running okay on an emulator gets a thousand more internets than the man who can only get... "Battlestar Galactica" on it. You would agree, yes?

And, no mind if they are busy... at this rate, I don't think there will be a GOOD Xbox emulator for quite a while.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
FlotSamX, I think it's officially safe to declare you Emutalk's dumbest member for the year of 2007. Congratulations!

Clements

Any layperson who negatively criticises the work of emu authors (especially for the silly reason you gave, showing a fundamental lack of understanding of how emulation development works and progresses) are not going to win any awards on this forum. I suggest you stop posting.

As for the subject of this thread, this is some really good progress.

Allnatural

The man who can get ONLY Halo 2 running okay on an emulator gets a thousand more internets than the man who can only get... "Battlestar Galactica" on it. You would agree, yes?
No. Battlestar Galactica may be the author's favorite game for all I know. Who gives a shit what the "fans" think.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
FlotSamX, the reasons should be obvious to you if your opinion is to be considered useful at all. :) Also, if you don't care about my opinion, I shouldn't have to clarify.

Either way, Clements is spot on.

F

fbff

and at horrible FPS
Sure you can voice your opinion and we might or might not take notice of it, but saying that CXBX runs at a horrible FPS is just plain wrong. What sorta FPS are you getting and what were you expecting? The number of FPS is CXBX's greatest strength.

apexad

Progress with CXBX is awesome! I am still hoping that someone will all of a sudden break the bombshell with a fully working Xbox emulator, or update to CXBX like UltraHLE was for the N64.

Realize, Xbox is not 100% dead yet. Madden NFL 2008 was released for it.