What's new

Command and Conquer Generals

ra5555

N64 Newbie
Has anybody purchased Command and Conquers: Generals yet?
I have heard its pretty good, one of the best in the C&C series. If you have that game, please post your thoughts on it and maybe include a screenshot?

Regards

ra

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Well, you heard wrong, this is one of the worst :p

For a start, no videos like in the previous c&c's, you know, with all the actors, replaced by cut scenes instead, like helicopters flying and things.

No random maps, basicly, you've either got to use their maps or make your own if you want to play a skirmish.

The AI; omg, this is terrible, its probably as bad as red alert 2's was, if not worse, i'd apreciate a bit more of a challenge than a bunch of tanks thrown at me every now and then.

Looks and sound, make up for some of its big problems, the looks are pretty good, sound too.

this game seems rushed, there are major problems like not being able to attack in the fog of war, i hope they release a patch for this.

the game takes up about 1.5gb of hard drive space also, eep.

they promised a "next-generation" strategy game, says so on the box as well, rubbish, this game does nothing to improve on the originals, the 3d graphics don't help one bit, Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun was way better than this.

even red alert 2 was better than this.

not to mention the fact they replaced the side-bar with an extra crappy one at the bottom, you have to move to the war factory every time you want to build something there, and you can only queue 9 at it, very annoying, sure you can have multiple factorys building at once but the sidebar was still way better.

this game is the first C&C game that i've played that doesn't feel like one, never played renegrade so meh :p

If you wanted to play on a Lan, you can't even use the second disc to play, basicly, you'd need a copy per computer, think about it, 4 players, £35 each, thats at least £120, not to meantion the heavy system requirements this game needs just to run, you need a top of the line graphics card for this beast.

don't buy this game expecting something new, you're in for a big disappointment. another Cock up from EA games, i'd say.

I wouldn't buy this, this game blows :p

Overall Score i'd give 5/10

Last edited: