What's new

Best plugin for Perfect Dark?

jessman(reborn)

EmuTalk's Own L'istigatore
Hey, guys. I have a Geforce Go 6100 and was wondering what plugin would allow me to have all of the special FXs in Perfect Dark. I was thinking Rice's, but I have no idea how to set it up. Please help me out. Thanks.

Clements

Glide64 + Hactarux's wrapper + Mupen64 provides almost all special effects working, minus the coronas. However, it is slow with the wrapper.

Jabo's plugin is missing a number of effects but the framerate is stable, so I would use that for now.

mudlord

Banned
Jessman,

I have a modified Glide3x wrapper build here that might help with the speed problems associated with Perfect Dark in Glide64. Essentially, the texture generation code is rewritten, which helps with framebuffer generation as well. Also, other performance tweaks were made as well, and I fixed that typo in the config in update 9 of the official wrapper. I only really extensively tested these optimizations with Perfect Dark, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Blast Corps, Paper Mario, Banjo Kazooie, Sin and Punishment, and Super Smash Bros.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
OP
jessman(reborn)

jessman(reborn)

EmuTalk's Own L'istigatore
Awsome! Thanks for your help...But, heh...I forgot how to use a wrapper, lol. I have a new computer and I really don't remember how to set this up. Any more help would be appreciated. Thanks again for your efforts.

mudlord

Banned
You put the wrapper in the same directory as the emulator executable (EXE file).

And here's a updated wrapper, with a minor bug fix I found.