What's new

Best Plugin for Mario Tennis?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Isn't glide 64 pretty slow? Or is it faster on some games than it is for others?
Glide64 is only slow if your computer and video card are slow. At the very least, I've tested quite a few games and I haven't noticed considerable difference in performance between games.

Last edited:
OP
Van Halen Man

Van Halen Man

Ok, it dosnt seem to be slow, but it also dosnt seem to work any better than the other plugins. Is there anything else you can think of?

mudlord

Banned
Try z64. It easily has the best framebuffer emulation in this game, and very little graphical errors.

Note you need a Core 2 Duo CPU or equivalent for decent performance.

mudlord

Banned
Ok thanks, I will try this, I do have a dual core processor (if that is what you meant).

Yep, thats exactly what I meant. The plugin is multithreaded, which will really help with your dual core CPU.

Legend

Glide64 is not a good option for this game as the speed/graphics are pretty bad. I also can't use Z64, its overall a little slow for me and after a couple minutes starts running about 2 FPS. Jabo's 1.7 is definetly the best for me (with Alpha Blending), followed by 1.6 and then 1.51.

Last edited:
OP
Van Halen Man

Van Halen Man

Ok, after trying z64 I found that the screen is just black with no picutre. I downloaded the last one on the list in the post for z64 downloads. I think it was r17 something. Should I have downloaded a different one?