What's new

Banjo Threeie, nextgen game?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
It appears the game has been released for the gba. It's the third in the series... hmmm. You might check out the homepage, as it contains info about it.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
We all know about that one doom but thats not what this is on about, why would they post news about it in an xbox site? The gba banjo-kazooie game was not banjo-threeie.

Since Microsoft bought rare, rare has become very slow developers, look at how many titles they released for the n64, and for the xbox... there is like 2 or 3 at most for the xbox in all these years. the n64 had about 10-20 of them.

If there is going to be an Xbox banjo game, I welcome it... its about friggin time. Microshit have done more harm than good to this game company imho.

Last edited:
OP
jdsony

jdsony

I would assume it's going to be a game for the Xbox 360 as Conker is out in June and they are likely not going to make another game for the Xbox since the 360 is out by the end of the year. If that's true it's going to be stunning. I played the demo for Conker and it blows all other Xbox games out of the water in the graphics department even though it's not even hi-res. I think the only Rare game released by RARE so far for Xbox is Grabbed by the Ghoulies which I never played and didn't look all that interesting. Kameo: Elements of Power was also supposed to come out but it was put on hold late last year. I have almost all the RARE games for N64 (Don't have Mickey's Speedway). I can't think of a good reason why they haven't made much in the way of games other than RARE being perfectionists and it taking more work to make graphics now. They lost some staff too after they were bought by Microsoft.

Turns out they are supposedly showing Perfect Dark Zero at E3 as well. So maybe Rare is back. I'd really love to see a new Blastcorps and it wouldn't take them as much time to make as any of their other games =)

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
ScottJC said:
We all know about that one doom but thats not what this is on about, why would they post news about it in an xbox site? The gba banjo-kazooie game was not banjo-threeie.
Yes, yes... suspcious... ehehehehe.

Since Microsoft bought rare, rare has become very slow developers, look at how many titles they released for the n64, and for the xbox... there is like 2 or 3 at most for the xbox in all these years. the n64 had about 10-20 of them.
They also have to learn the xbox api, which is quite different from then n64 I take it.

If there is going to be an Xbox banjo game, I welcome it... its about friggin time. Microshit have done more harm than good to this game company imho.
Agreed =)

SubDrag

There will be a third Banjo Console Game (non-handheld) for XBox 2. However, I do not believe it will be called Banjo-Threeie.

OP
jdsony

jdsony

SubDrag said:
There will be a third Banjo Console Game (non-handheld) for XBox 2. However, I do not believe it will be called Banjo-Threeie.

But it's so retarted, it just might work.

Rom Manic

*SYSTEM ERROR*
ScottJC said:
Microshit have done more harm than good to this game company imho.

I think Rare is just rolling in their cash for a while. They probably have more than enough after being bought out by MS, so why bother with mounds and mounds of hard work? :huh:

EDIT: Btw, something I forgot to add, you should make a petition to free Rare from its chains of bondage. MS is so evil for restricting the amount of games Rare comes up with. :devil:

Last edited:
OP
jdsony

jdsony

I think they have been spending a lot of time in development yet not getting anywhere (kinda like Duke Nukem Forever). It was likely rough on them when switching from the Gamecube to the Xbox because they had a few games already started for that system that they pretty much had to start again. There will probably be another big burst of games from them soon. I believe there may be 3 games from them this year if things go right. Conker is due out next month for Xbox and Perfect Dark Zero and Kameo: Elements of Power are both rumoured Xbox 360 launch titles.