What's new

Another game with a forgotten name...

Toasty

Sony battery
EDIT: Game found!

Okay, I played this game like seven years ago, so forgive me if I don't remember too much. It's for NES and it's centered around a little guy with an upgradeable gun (I think you just pick up upgrades in the various levels and can lose them if you get hurt). It's not a side-scroller, but an overhead view. Also, I don't think you can save your progress, because I remember playing the first few levels over and over a lot. I know there's probably a million and one games that fit that description, but I can't remember much more. I think I can vaguely remember what one of the screens looked like, so later today if I'm feeling adventurous I'll draw it and post it. Thanks for any suggestions.

EDIT: The main character's sprite was short (probably about the same width as its height). The levels didn't seem like Earth terrain. The main character wore a suit (like a space suit or something) so I don't think you saw his face. It was a game played on land (you weren't flying in a ship or anything, at least not in the part I played).

Last edited:

smcd

Commando sort of fits the profile but like you said there are several...

EDIT Here's a shot of Commando

Last edited:

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
Contra? I've only played it a few times though. There were both side-scrolling and top-down levels.

OP
Toasty

Toasty

Sony battery
I'll check those games out as soon as I get a hold of them. (That guy in the screen you posted looks a little too tall to be the one I'm thinking of, if you know of any games with shorter guys.:p) Also I drew dorky pictures of what I remembered a screen from one of the levels looking like (or structured like at least). Well, I couldn't remember exactly, so I drew two likely possibilities for how the screen was arranged. This was just a small part of the level, and the graphics were way different, but if these ring any bells let me know. (And yes, I know, I'm no artist.)

OP
Toasty

Toasty

Sony battery
Yeah, I checked and none of those were it. It wasn't really a tough, muscular main character - he was a short little guy who wore like a space suit or something if I remember right.

OP
Toasty

Toasty

Sony battery
Nope, not it. I don't think it was really meant to be thought of as a game that took place on Earth. Any other suggestions? If I remember right, the sprite for the guy was about as wide as it was tall (not a fat guy or anything, just the way they did the art).

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
It could be:

Alien Syndrome

Bionic Commando

Ikari Warriors

Ikari Warriors II: The Victory Road

Ikari Warriors III: The Rescue
Try 'em.

OP
Toasty

Toasty

Sony battery
Nope, none of those. Sorry.:( I'll update my first post to reflect what else I remember.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Astyanax?

I actually owned this cart at one point. Weird game.

My other guesses are Legendary Wings, and Xevious: The Avenger

Last edited:
OP
Toasty

Toasty

Sony battery
Sorry, still not. It was a game you played on land (not a fly and shoot stuff game). Sorry I can't remember more. :(

Allnatural

Guess you're just gonna have to go through the entire GoodNES set and play them all. You'll find your game eventually. ;)

OP
Toasty

Toasty

Sony battery
Yeah, I've got about 900 ROMs to go through. Guess I'd better get started... :plain:

SithLord666

Banned
wow i dont even have 900 roms what do you do all day???

anyawy i was wondering i do have a quistion on nes game i use to play,
i dont remember the name, i remember you are a little car, on the free way, and jump across gaps and wholes in the freeway bridges, anyone know what im talking about??