What's new

Animal Forest HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player 1

EmuTalk Member
Animal Forest (which is exactly Animal Crossing on the Gamecube) is in Japanese on N64 and i have the rom......Its in Japanese (the subtitles) and I want it in English is any emulator possible of doing that?

Here are some screenshots (dammit times like these i wish i knew Japanese)

Trotterwatch

Yes, emulators now come with in built translators...

The answer is no, there is no way for you to play it in English, best get learning Japanese or, buy a GC.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Or, you could learn how to translate and make an English IPS patch, (of which there currently isnt one, because i looked for a good hour today, because i too wanted to play this game)

OP
Player 1

Player 1

EmuTalk Member
Trotterwatch said:
Yes, emulators now come with in built translators...

The answer is no, there is no way for you to play it in English, best get learning Japanese or, buy a GC.

ok but what do you mean by built in translators?

OP
Player 1

Player 1

EmuTalk Member
Hexidecimal said:
Or, you could learn how to translate and make an English IPS patch, (of which there currently isnt one, because i looked for a good hour today, because i too wanted to play this game)

English IPS patch? how hard is that to do? how long does it take?

Trotterwatch

You need a knowledge of N64 roms and how to hack the text in them. You also need to know Japanese, which evidently you don't (judging by the thread).

OP
Player 1

Player 1

EmuTalk Member
Trotterwatch said:
You need a knowledge of N64 roms and how to hack the text in them. You also need to know Japanese, which evidently you don't (judging by the thread).

aww man i was so happy when i first found this rom then i find out i cant even play it lol....oh well i can always wait for the Gamecube emulators to run commercial games (thats going to be forever!)

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
Um, why not just buy the GCN version? It's infinately better than the N64 version and it's in your language. Come on, you can pick a GCN and free game up for 100 bucks now.

Quvack

Trotterwatch said:

I know all of the stuff I need to translate the game minus the japanese :p I looked into the game a bit a while ago and its easy enough to change the text into english/whatever, but with no knowledge of the japanese language or knowing anyone who does I cant really do anything.

Trotterwatch

I actually know of someone who is the opposite to you Quvack. They have excellent Japanese skills but zero rom hacking ability.

I could try and put you in touch with him if you want.

Quvack

Oooo ooo ooo ooooo!!! *dances*
hehe it'd be a nice project to try out, never attempted a game quiet this size though, cant hurt trying thought I guess, i've got lots of holiday time coming up :)
If you could try putting us in touch i'd be grateful :) Thats if he'd want to do something like that anyway! thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.