What's new

A weird case of Malware

minkster

My friend was complaining that his computer was running slow and had problems with it so I decided to help him out with his computer. I ran a spyware and adware scan with Spybot, Adaware, and Microsoft Anti-Spyware. I got rid of like about 100 things of spy/adaware and it made his computer run faster. Then I decided to reboot, and everything was slow again. It seemed very strange, so I looked under his processes to see if anything looked like it could be a virus of some sort. I ended up finding a suspicious process that had a whole bunch of random letters like ywxsbz.exe. I decided to end the task and it came up as a different process like rsgbatd.exe. Unfortunately I couldn't find any info on the process through google, and I think its malware. I even tried searching for the process with the windows search button, but I still have no luck of finding it. I'm really stumped :icecream: anyone got any ideas? Thanks-minkster

xneoangel

Persona User
Maybe the proccess is hidden within the occult archives of the computer did u search trough hidden archives too?

Hmm and also you say that different proccesses appear on the computer it may not be malware but a trojan try running an antivirus.

OP
minkster

minkster

Yeah, I should scan his computer, his norton antivirus has been expired for like a year. I could only imagine what shit buildup is on his comp :p I will try searching through the archives. And what I mean by the different processes is that once I end that process, its immediately replaced with another one with different letters. And once I end that one, the same thing happens again. Its real frustrating, but I will take your advise and see what happens thanks.

OP
minkster

minkster

Thanks, the worst part is this kid has AOL and he can't even download anything from the internet (damn parental controls). I'll probably download it onto a USB jumpdrive. Um...should I uninstall norton before downloading it on his computer? I don't know if it will have any conflicts.