What's new

A rare geek moment: Bandwidth upgrade

2fast4u

aye, its one of those moments. my bandwidth got upgraded from 768k to 1mbit free of charge which isnt exactly the worst thing in the world, no? ;)

thats probably still pitiful to most of you, but hey, screw you all. :paperbag:

just thought id let you guys know :)

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
/me spits on his stupid 28.8Kbps connection...

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
When I got my 512k broadband modem on for the first time I was over the moon, then I got 1mbit which I was over the moon again, still am, damn you martin and your 10mbit connection!

Stezo2k

S-2K
lucky guys, here in the UK broadband is quite pricey, were talking about 30 quid a month just for 1 Meg... i'm on 512k myself...

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Well I pay £30 a month for mine, I think its worth it since the 512k is only like £5 cheaper.

-Shadow-

Banned
My Bandwidth has been upgraded , too . From 765 kbps to 1 Mbit , that has been done , because the ISP stopped providing 756 kbps DSL ;)

OP
2fast4u

2fast4u

-Shadow- said:
My Bandwidth has been upgraded , too . From 765 kbps to 1 Mbit , that has been done , because the ISP stopped providing 756 kbps DSL ;)

yeh i didnt mention that. still same shitty 156k upstream though. but its probably still the best thing t-online has done for me ever ;)

Naz99

i was happy enough when my NTL cable broadband was upgraded fron 1mb to 1.5mb funny thing is i was sat thre for a couple of weeks wondering why my download speed had increased by 60k a sec ....not that i was complaining. i finally realised when i actually visited the website for the first time in about a year!

its decent enough for me but £37.99 is just too expensive (even though i still pay for it :p )

Damn you americans with your sweet deals!!! ;)

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
4.5mbit/512kbit here. Very pleased with it. Only $39.99 USD/Month too. :phone:

/me hugs Charter Communications and living in the USA

Last edited:

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
/me pays $40 a month for his 5mbit down 768kbit up in the USA :p

Hmm...I figured europe would be cheaper than the US by now though. Is there no competition between ISPs there? The prices here are mostly low due to very stiff competition.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
I Pay £30 per month for 512/128 Cable it isnt big and definatly aint clever, but its the Islands own Cable service :p

Naz99

Not sure about the rest of europe but ppl in here from the uk should have heard the term "rip off britain" meaning that we get conned with everything from cars to games consoles etc etc and obscene tax aswell i guess we can add broadband to the very long list now :p ......but im not bitter about it :D

Burnpro

Supar ***
my dsl got upgraded last year and i was in the moon.. it was 256 down/196 up before now its 384/256.
btw its US$55 a month :p

3x3cUt0r

Soul Without Body
my cable account was upgraded too about a month ago, from 256-128 to 512-256, this is the best no comercial service here, is really expensive compared to most of your isp, im paying for television and cable $80 us.

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Currently i pay 30€ for a 4Mb-256k connection. In 6 months my connection will probably be upgraded to a 15Mb-4Mb at the same price :p And.... i'm probably using this large bandwidth less than you all, i nearly never download anything except animes and concert that can't be find in stores.